Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Willo567 posted:

Unfortunately I loss the eye stickers. I really need to get precision tweezers

How are you at painting? The gundam markers could do the trick but the nubs are pretty large for something that could use a bit more precision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

How are you at painting? The gundam markers could do the trick but the nubs are pretty large for something that could use a bit more precision.

The eyes are generally raised, so it's not quite as difficult as you might think.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Arc Hammer posted:

I haven't really painted much - what size brush would I need?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Willo567 posted:

I haven't really painted much - what size brush would I need?

a #2 round would be fine but gundam markers would work too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you go with a marker, make sure to go with one of the markers with an angled flat edge on the nub, it'll make applying it easier. I recommend a Metallic Gold marker for Gundam eyes if they're yellow, GM04 specifically.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I have to admit I was hoping to see a different series get some more RG love but at least it's more out there from what we have than spec II.

And while I am bummed about the lack of MG announcements, this is a pretty cool continuation for a surprisingly good line.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

parabolic posted:

And while I am bummed about the lack of MG announcements, this is a pretty cool continuation for a surprisingly good line.

Maybe this line is where we'll finally get some G-Self love

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
RIP MG, you had a good run.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bimmi posted:

RIP MG, you had a good run.

We are doomed to having no more than two ver kas per year until katoki dies.

On reflection wasn't that leak.from a couple of months ago seemingly accurate? Rg rx 78 2.0 akatsuki...

Which means ..... 1/100 reborns gundam is on the way

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 8, 2024

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

not really gunpla but since it came up the other day gently caress it

https://twitter.com/SQEX_MD_GOODS/status/1788034531855065182

actually vibrating at this news holy poo poo

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

LOL we have willed the Zio Matrix into existence! Yes!! So sick. RIP wallet.

Vol 2 looks like
1. a Crest AC from 3rd gen
2. Mirage C05 Selena from Nexus
3. Rayleonard Aaliyah
4. AC4A White Glint

All of which have had Kotobukiya kits in the past, so it will be interesting to compare these new ones.

I didn't even know Square-Enix put out models

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Big Bizness posted:

They've done some Nier Automata kits and a couple of Front Mission ones too. Not sure who they contract them out to; I doubt Squeenix has their own factory.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're leaving money on the table not doing a Magitek Armor kit

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Do the eye stickers

It's a rite of passage

I feel like this was slowed down a bit, I thought it was more shaky. And yeah its making me itchy for precision tweezers too.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Big Bizness posted:

LOL we have willed the Zio Matrix into existence! Yes!! So sick. RIP wallet.

Vol 2 looks like
1. a Crest AC from 3rd gen
2. Mirage C05 Selena from Nexus
3. Rayleonard Aaliyah
4. AC4A White Glint

All of which have had Kotobukiya kits in the past, so it will be interesting to compare these new ones.

Pretty sure its the opposing headline ACs from the openings and stuff outside of Aaliyah and WG (but they are the header ACs in their openings anyways), since the first four are the pairs from the ACMoA and AC2 OPs, so the first two in the second set would be probably be these guys.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat, the new Akatsuki looks a ton better than the old 1/100 I never finished

And I am still lmaoing at this is the first time they've built ab crunch into the Grandpa's core fighter and they did it at 1/144, the maniacs

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

They've done some Nier Automata kits and a couple of Front Mission ones too. Not sure who they contract them out to; I doubt Squeenix has their own factory.

For the Nier kits, at least, they went with Koto. 2B and Nines are basically Hexa-gear figures, even. Same scale, same basic design, and some cross-compatible parts.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Good poo poo! I'm currently trying to get the full collection of the Front Mission kits and seeing how I can buy two of those set boxes per year without going hungry I have my hobby time for the next decade covered lol

Midjack posted:

The box for the Front Mission kits says "Made in China" so I assume that they're doing the casting in some big factory we'll never be able to find

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

i don't care who you are. no one can defeat me. :swoon:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Monaghan posted:

Which means ..... 1/100 reborns gundam is on the way
I'm so close to giving up hope, don't give me more.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Is Mr Hobby a good brand for Gundam Markers? Was interested in this multi-pack and was wondering if it was good for High Grade Gundams

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Hobby-AMS-110-GMS-110-Hososaki/dp/B08P4KKMX9/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Is Mr Hobby a good brand for Gundam Markers? Was interested in this multi-pack and was wondering if it was good for High Grade Gundams

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Hobby-AMS-110-GMS-110-Hososaki/dp/B08P4KKMX9/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

yeah, these are like the name brand gundam marker. you'll sometimes see them listed as GSI CREOS as well but it's the same thing. I wouldn't use anything else personally. I don't have this exact set but I believe the "fine tip" nib shown here would be akin to like, a sharpie or other sort of felt tip marker in terms of nib size

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Waffleman_ posted:

Do the eye stickers

It's a rite of passage

After that, never do anything with a sticker you can do with a marker.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JoeGlassJAw posted:

yeah, these are like the name brand gundam marker. you'll sometimes see them listed as GSI CREOS as well but it's the same thing. I wouldn't use anything else personally. I don't have this exact set but I believe the "fine tip" nib shown here would be akin to like, a sharpie or other sort of felt tip marker in terms of nib size

I do have this exact set, and you're quite correct.

For comparison, the Metallic markers tend to have a fatter angled nib with a flat tip.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They're leaving money on the table not doing a Magitek Armor kit

Where are my WEAPON ver. Sorrow kits?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Will they be like the other squenix kits and need paint?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Nuebot posted:

Will they be like the other squenix kits and need paint?

the nier flight units don't require paint as i recall?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For comparison, the Metallic markers tend to have a fatter angled nib with a flat tip.

The bigger angled chisel tips are the norm unfortunately. They're also hilariously unreliable. Meanwhile, the fine tips are perfect and good.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So I noticed that there's two versions of the Gundam Black Marker, GM01 and GM48. I have the latter now - what's the difference? Will I be fine with the GM48 as my black pen?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I think gm48 is the normal fine tip and gm01 is the ultra fine for panel lining.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Deviant posted:

the nier flight units don't require paint as i recall?

Their xenogears and front mission kits do, IIRC. They're all one solid colour.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m honestly surprised they haven’t announced Mighty Strike Freedom kits in every line yet.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gripweed posted:

I’m honestly surprised they haven’t announced Mighty Strike Freedom kits in every line yet.

Well the lack of a MG announcement shouldn't even be remotely suprising. Although Daban announced a Mighty SF backpack a month or so ago that'll be MG/MB/MGEX compatible so just wait for that.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I did this Arsene variant of the Gundam X. It’s neat because it has a top hat, monocle and cape. The issues are that: it’s very hard to keep balanced because of the X and the huge cape, and the cape came on a transparent red runner so I had to do so many coats that the cape is a runny mess:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TaurusOxford posted:

Well the lack of a MG announcement shouldn't even be remotely suprising. Although Daban announced a Mighty SF backpack a month or so ago that'll be MG/MB/MGEX compatible so just wait for that.

Bit silly to only do the backpack, there's a lot more differences between the Strike Freedom and the Mighty Strike Freedom

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That just looks like someone added more detail to the Okawara lineart... :shrug:

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Yeah I can't tell if you're doing a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The shoulder pads are very different, the arm plate things are shaped differently, the beam saber attachment to the railguns is totally different, and the legs have extra thrusters on the back