Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh neat,

RD God Gundam (on the right) is almost exactly 1/144 scale. Hell the only difference is due to a redesign, so it basically is. The rest of the RDs should also be close, so this is the closest we'll ever get to the HGFC line we all dream of.

poo poo, how did I go from buying model kits to buying action figures

If you enjoy having a small representation of the thing more than you enjoy assembling the small representation of the thing, it's a pretty natural shortcut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh neat,

RD God Gundam (on the right) is almost exactly 1/144 scale. Hell the only difference is due to a redesign, so it basically is. The rest of the RDs should also be close, so this is the closest we'll ever get to the HGFC line we all dream of.

poo poo, how did I go from buying model kits to buying action figures

Now when you say "The rest"...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Master and Shining already have release dates, and Rising and Fuuinsaiki were shown last expo. Supposedly this is how they're celebrating G Gundam's 10th anniversary, so hopefully they won't all just vanish into the pit of forgotten prototypes like the GP-01 fb or the Airmaster Burst. And hey, maybe they'll release the full Shuffle Alliance.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Literally The Worst posted:

Now when you say "The rest"...

Don't get too excited yet. All that's confirmed so far is Shining, God, Master, and Rising.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Master and Shining already have release dates, and Rising and Fuuinsaiki were shown last expo. Supposedly this is how they're celebrating G Gundam's 10th anniversary, so hopefully they won't all just vanish into the pit of forgotten prototypes like the GP-01 fb or the Airmaster Burst. And hey, maybe they'll release the full Shuffle Alliance.

To quote a movie, Lord, I'm not a praying man, but please, give me a bunch of little plastic robot action figures.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Are you talking about this SD RX-78-2? http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960227/Gun

The MG Gouf is a good kit. Just make sure you buy the 2.0, and not the original.

No in Gammatron's picture, bottom left there is a Turn A still in SD proportions but bigger than an HG, bottom right a zaku 2 same deal.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
My Turn A is weird in that it came with some game and when you flip it upside down, it beeps and flashes colors. Dunno what series it's from, I just randomly picked it up off a guy. Same with the Zaku, I just stumbled upon it in a comic shop like 13 years ago.

Also the MG Gouf 2.0 is great.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I have a "New Material Model Turn A Gundam"
I have no idea what it is. It was $20 bucks, though.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 8, 2014

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

everythingWasBees posted:

I have a "New Material Model Turn A Gundam"
I have no idea what it is. It was $20 bucks, though.

It's basically a "Chogokin" (die-cast) toy of the Turn A Gundam. I hear it was okay for its time, but it's a pretty old figure. I'd be careful with it since I think I remember reading something about them being relatively fragile.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

And hey, maybe they'll release the full Shuffle Alliance.

I loving hope so. I'd prefer HG kits of the Shuffle Alliance, but since that doesn't seem like it's happening, RD's would be the next best thing. The old NG kits are atrocious. I'm staring at a primed Spiegel that I just cannot summon the energy to paint. And then there's the other five or so G kits in my Gundam closet yet to assemble....

Goddammit Bandai, loving give G Gundam the love it deserves.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Suzaku posted:

Goddammit Bandai, loving give G Gundam the love it deserves.

I think they've tried, but the demand just isn't there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

A reminder that G Gundam bombed in Japan.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

A reminder that G Gundam bombed in Japan.

So depressingly true. I get why it never took off there, but drat if it wasn't one of the best things to ever come out of the franchise. It frustrates me that related merchandise is still not anywhere near popular to this day.

...You have no idea how much I want and MG Gundam Rose....

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe some g gundam will show up in build fighters and get a kit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fauxtool posted:

maybe some g gundam will show up in build fighters and get a kit.

You already have one as a protagonist, what more do you want? :v:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You already have one as a protagonist, what more do you want? :v:

Did I miss an announcement? Which G Gundam kit is in Build Fighters?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Broken Loose posted:

See the goofy face at the end of that post for your answer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Incidentally, two weeks until the big gunpla expo. Here's hoping it'll blow the Tamashii Nations' showing out of the water!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Broken Loose posted:

Pssst, it's a joke. Build Burning Gundam, get it?

BlitzBlast posted:

Incidentally, two weeks until the big gunpla expo. Here's hoping it'll blow the Tamashii Nations' showing out of the water!

Hopefully we get confirmation of new Build Fighters (Try) MGs. I want Wing Fenice. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Maybe with the RG Wing Zero Custom coming next month they'll do the right thing and announce at least one of the other Endless Waltz RG's :pray:.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

John Carstairs posted:

See the goofy face at the end of that post for your answer.

I actually kind of thought he was referring to Domon's silhouette or that Sekai is the living embodiment of G Gundam.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Well, there have been a few actual G Gundam suits in the show (besides just background suits and such):

Bring on the Nobel rerelease with a ponytail.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
For what it's worth, G Gundam got a more or less complete showing in the Mobile Suit in Action! toy line about 12 years ago and they're still pretty cheap and easy to find on eBay. Not as high quality as RD obviously, but posability and accessories were consistently pretty good and filling in the panel lines improves the looks immensely.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

"TaurusOxford" posted:

Hopefully we get confirmation of new Build Fighters (Try) MGs. I want Wing Fenice. :(
Forgive me if i am wrong but werent you or somebody else talking about a 3rd party MG gundam X maoh?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zedd posted:

Forgive me if i am wrong but werent you or somebody else talking about a 3rd party MG gundam X maoh?

I mentioned a long while ago in the old thread that a third party made a knockoff of HG Gundam X Maoh, but that's it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Maybe with the RG Wing Zero Custom coming next month they'll do the right thing and announce at least one of the other Endless Waltz RG's :pray:.

The release poster hinted at them using the skeleton for the other ones.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The release poster hinted at them using the skeleton for the other ones.
I would murder a child for an RG Tallgeese.

I've never even built an MG or done panel lining, though, so I'd probably just gently caress it up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Poison Mushroom posted:

I would murder a child for an RG Tallgeese.

I've never even built an MG or done panel lining, though, so I'd probably just gently caress it up.

It was the five Project Dumb Anime Bullshit Gundams, more specifically.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Well, I am a dumb mother fucker.

Instead of clear green... I now have clear black.

Yes, I know I just sprayed the runner. I'm lazy and I figured I could paint over any nubs that are exposed.

Soooo... now I'm gonna have to strip all of this off and do silver + clear green like I should have in the first place.

Uh... any suggestions for taking off testor's enamel on an entire loving runner?

If it's any consolation, I only got the kid for half price :smithicide:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yes, I know I just sprayed the runner. I'm lazy and I figured I could paint over any nubs that are exposed.

Soooo... now I'm gonna have to strip all of this off and do silver + clear green like I should have in the first place.

Uh... any suggestions for taking off testor's enamel on an entire loving runner?

What kid?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

*Kit. Model kit. Goddamn auto correct. That one's really bad.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Gammatron 64 posted:

Uhhh, jeez. Other than getting new runners, I'd try this stuff. Fill some sealable plastic tubs with enough to fully immerse the parts and let them sit for about 2-3 days. Once that's done, get some rubber gloves, a toothbrush, and run them under some warm water, scrubbing as you go. Hopefully it will get through it all.

I must also emphasize that you need to seal the tubs, since it really won't work that well without it.

TNG fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 9, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Might want to invest in a cheap electric toothbrush or scrubber

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I wonder if I could just spray silver on top then clear green and hopefully it won't be too tight. I did like 2 coats. I plan on leaving it in Destroy Mode forever and never using the unicorn mode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Model paint is really thin. You should just be able to prime over it with gloss black and continue on your way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Just so we know, this is the result of clear green over the pink runners, right?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
See I found a real good solution to wanting the green frame but not wanting the tippy nightmare of FA Unicorn:

Don't put the backpack and poo poo on him. Boom, no paint required, you're welcome, I accept cash and personal checks made out to Dickeye Tennyson.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

See I found a real good solution to wanting the green frame but not wanting the tippy nightmare of FA Unicorn:

Don't put the backpack and poo poo on him. Boom, no paint required, you're welcome, I accept cash and personal checks made out to Dickeye Tennyson.

Yeah, but it's an extra $40-50 and frankly I don't want to pay the extra in addition to which I don't have enough MGs with weapons I don't like that much to replace with the Full Armor pieces.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Don't think of it as a Full Armor Unicorn Gundam, think of it as a Unicorn Gundam and a Base Jabber. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TARDISman posted:

Yeah, but it's an extra $40-50 and frankly I don't want to pay the extra in addition to which I don't have enough MGs with weapons I don't like that much to replace with the Full Armor pieces.

Get a System Base, stack the weapons on the racks, done.

EDIT: So I was looking up reviews to see how close to 1/144 the Wing RDs are, and first off they're in the same situation as G where it's close enough.

Second off, apparently while nobody was looking Bandai retconned the WZ to be the same height as the Wing. :v:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 9, 2014