Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hello gunpla goons. I've never built a big robot before, but I saw a localish shop open up recently and wanted to give it a shot. I also watched 08th Team and thought this might be a good time.

So far it's easy enough to do on the couch while my wife plays Animal Crossing, even though I know I should probably do it in my actual work space. Gonna have to buy some 30 minute guys or something next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Just a crappy phone pic for now, but this was a fun build. I'm going to go back and play with the panel lines some more, and add some stickers.

I've always stalled out on painting scale models (I think I have a submarine, jet fighter, and car all in various incomplete states), so this was really fun to not feel like I had to paint it. Next one I'll at least get some more emery boards or something to clean up the sprues better.

Now how do I figure out which 30MM accessories go to which dudes?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I built one Gundam and I already have a backlog.

I asked my wife for a couple 30MM things for my birthday, but she only got me the special vehicle add-ons, so I had to buy an actual robo dude. Then when I was ordering that, I saw the neat AE86 kit and threw that in the cart too.

I guess this is how a hoard starts.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

That's my plan. There's a bunch of other snap car sets I'll want if I enjoy that build

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Nuebot posted:

So it's been a poo poo week for me, and some of my family came to town to help deal with some poo poo. We wound up going out to Don Quijote in honolulu.

drat, I've been to Honolulu twice this year on work trips and didn't know this existed. It looks cool. This is what I get for traveling with jocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Shout out to the Honda Fit on I95 this morning. I tried to give you a thumbs up, but your back window was so packed with Gunpla boxes that you probably couldn't see it.