Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zwingley posted:

Cool, a new thread. Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV: Build Fighters still working as intended, but this is pretty good.

I need to take pictures of all the stuff I've finished at some point. But that means I hafta pose those robots, and at least one of them want an action base pretty badly. Not to mention panel lining. And I need to decide on faces for my Beargguy-san. And most of them require topcoat.

I can post a picture of my completed/WIP boxes shelf, at least?

The five actual kits on the right aren't out, due to my work on them being kinda crap. The Strike Freedom actually isn't finished, because I require some gloves to stop from smudging up the wings. I have learned that I hate RGs in my Gunpla journey so far, though? :confuoot:

whats with all these casuals making GBS threads up the thread. your addiction isnt even that crippling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TaurusOxford posted:

Can we organize a Goon meet to Bimmi and Fauxtool's house so we can get those loving kits built? Or at least get them drunk and then take the kits for ourselves while they are asleep? I call dibs on 1/60 Wing Zero, PG Skygrasper, 1/100 legend, and PG RX-78-2.

come on over, anything you build here you can keep

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TaurusOxford posted:

:siren:HLJ.com is advertising that the Japanese yen is currently in the shitter, so prices are now the cheapest they've been since 2007 if you want to save some cash.:siren:

on that note,
ZOIDS HMM Series 1/72 EZ-016 Saber Tiger Schwarz Style
is getting a re-release. Formerly a limited edition item that spiked in price as soon as it sold out.
If all the other re-releases are any indication, this one should shoot up to over $100 easily as soon as sales close.
Buy it now if you think you might want it later, you can always easily sell it at a profit.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-RBT-0462-S001

Out of all the zoids, i find the cats to be the best. They have great articulation and pose well compared to the raptors that can hardly balance and have 1000 boosters and guns ready to explode off at any moment.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 4, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

UK Gunpla Goons, it seems I may have found the answer to our struggle. A store with decent prices, and especially reasonable delivery costs.

I've bought a cheap kit with cheap delivery as a dry-run to see what their service is like.

Since I recently watched War in the Pocket, I bought the HGUC Z'gok-E :allears:

Just stay away from build fighters, that show is like wallet Ebola in that it violently expels all it's money

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress you latest episode of build fighters, now i gotta go buy some more stuff.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gammatron 64 posted:

A Republican majority got me pretty depressed but hey my first Gundam club meet was a success! Thanks Blitz Blast or whoever the gently caress was doing it for giving me the idea so I could shamelessly steal it

whiny Dems got me down so I posed a model

I would prefer you keep your politics out of the thread. I like you guys and I dont want any reasons not to.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 6, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally The Worst posted:

What the hell is the double snip

its the wrong name for something that already has a name.
As long as everyone is having fun!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoB posted:

Im not exactly sure you know the type of people to buy anime girl figurines but Im pretty sure its the right amount of :anime: to sell just fine to those people.

I resale bishoujo scale figures for a hobby and I can easily say that it will sell just fine. Worse stuff has sold really well like the Rinko Iori. i wonder why (boobs)

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe some g gundam will show up in build fighters and get a kit.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I just ordered that 80 dollar FA Unicorn vKa fuuuuuck

Fuuuuuuuuck

lol u so wacky

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
macross frontier has the best transforming kits.

the major moving parts are metal and very smooth

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have spent a ton of money on plastic, but I can comfortably say I never wasted it on something terrible like a neo zeong. Even the dendrobium seems better since its not 50% hollow space.

would you rather have 1 neo zeong or 20 HG kits? Zeong only makes sense at a sub $150 pricepoint

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 10, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We got hit lightly, he posted it a lot more in every other anime thread. Nice

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol shrekt. Have fun cleaning this up zorak

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have baby soft pristine hands because im not an idiot with sharp objects :smuggo:

How is the gm sniper k9 supposed to hold his rifle when firing it? The buttstock is way too big. Is this just another case of doing what looks cool, not looks right?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zodar posted:

First time painting a kit, so I'm pleased with how this is turning out. Finished priming, masking and painting the baby Sinanju today; tomorrow I'll be doing details in enamel brush (read: one hundred golden fleur-de-lis painted on a grain of rice) and topcoat.

I always thought the Neo Zeong's burgundy & white body clashed with the Sinanju, so I'm going to try painting it with the same cherry red & gold trim as its core suit.

Wanna peel dat orange

still looks better than my stack of unbuilt kits

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 11, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harumph. To eBay and Amazon I go, I guess.

Mandarake is a really good place to find kits way below retail
I get all my exclusives there

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

People who have built the 00 Raiser, what's E16 for? I can't find it in the book, it's not crossed out, and I'm too lazy to comb through that book again. I'm thinking it's maybe a plug for his back?

They also don't have the few I rattled off that I know are backordered on HLJ.

Just because you cant find them doesnt mean they dont have them.
The way to use it isnt to find what you want exactly when you want it. You check back every few days or every day if its popular until its in stock

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

Goonpla thread, break my indecision. Should the first gunpla I build be the Zaku Amazing, Wing Fenice, or Destiny? And if it's the Destiny should I also not try very hard to make it not look lovely, in honor of Build Fighters?

if you are talking HGs i recommend fenice. Its the least fiddly and drops less parts when you pick it up

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Carstairs posted:

Fauxtool makes a good point, but you should build the Zaku first because Zakus are cool.

buy them all but build the zaku last because its a floppy mess unless you build it carefully. The seams are really noticeable unless you sand and remove nubs well because they are so wide and curved.

The opposite is true for fenice. The seams are straight and smaller. You can build a super sloppy fenice and still feel good about yourself because it has such good styling that hides lazy building.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 12, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DigitalRaven posted:

This is from quite a while ago, but if anyone's after an RG Astraea, Gentei doesn't have the Type F but does still have the conversion parts available. You need an RG Exia, and it comes out white & blue rather than red & tan, but you end up with the same kit.

Mandarake gets several of both every week but they sell fast

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

As far as I know there are just a bunch of guys who are dedicated to trying to find every household solution there is. I mean hell, people use lighter fluid in this hobby.

Also forget Friday, my final Gundam X delivery came in today.

Since I have zero interest in getting Airmaster or Leopard unless I miraculously find them cheaper than I paid for their upgrades, and since there isn't a 1/100 Ashtaron (and the resin one is long out of print) to go with the Virsago, for all intents and purposes my collection is complete! :toot:

You know, unless Bandai announces a new HGAW or MG but DETAILS.

Beyond collecting all the X's why do you have multiples of the same kit? Are you doing some sort of display?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

I... I literally just said.

sorry, its super easy to scroll past your short posts with all the dead space from your title

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ka0 posted:

Tell me everything you know about this!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gundam-Model-Paint-MGM-Prime-Electroplating-Powder-3ml-/321584098629?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item4adfe7ed45

buy this and polish it into a black paintjob

Probably wear gloves and dont snort it

Its awesome for doing swords and stuff

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 17, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you know its good because its illegal

Sable brushes :argh:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
put warning labels all over my toxic hobby products, but let me make my own decision to wreck my body

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ka0 posted:

Still don't exactly know how to use those mgm powders
Lol dur they cant use a very hard to learn language, loving hilarious. You are building japanese models, this cant be the first time you have run into engrish.
read my post you unfunny idiot.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just sand normally, wet sanding is excessive. you can rinse in water after

there are many cheaper and equally good primers like vallejo's

you dont use acrylic thinners on acrylic paints or gloss for the obvious reason that it works on other acrylics. you could do the lining with enamel though

i would gloss, line and flat coat the rest of the model to keep it uniform

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 17, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

signalnoise posted:

You guys totally got me interested and I looked up what a Gundam X looks like and now I'm glad I have personal preferences because I laughed and didn't buy it

I also dont care for x gundam designs. I have never seen any of its media. X Maoh is cool, but only because it has a laser skull chest.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uznare posted:

That's crossbone maoh. You can tell because its backpack is two huge rear end bones.

then i guess i dont like any of the X's
I never watched wing either. Seed was my first real exposure to gundam and that probably shaped the kinds of kits I like. Lots of guns and huge wing packs

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warmachine posted:

If you want warcrimes, you want the Duel, and a mockup of a civilian shuttle. But I'm with you here; I love big backpacks and I cannot lie. If it doesn't look :rice:, it needs some fins.

It's one of the reasons the Kampfer is on the list of must-buy kits. It's got boosters, spikes, and guns out the rear end. Its the Tokyo Drift of mobile suits. Which after I finish my Thunderbolt Zaku II (tomorrow I'll be dedicating a lot of time to this because I also have to do this 'unplug for a day' thing for my health class), Kampfer, Sinanju, and Kshatriya are up.

The scene with a shuttle being shot down happens in every gundam series doesnt it? Same with fighting too close to earth's gravity and having to re-enter the atmosphere. More recently, that good guy that died earlier is actually alive and now a bad guy in a stupid mask.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freedom with meteor pack is better :smuggo:

What is the X for? Is it a capacitor of some sort or cooling fins?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

The Satellite Cannon is the second most powerful beam weapon in all of Gundam. The Twin Satellite Cannon, of course, is first. The METEOR doesn't even compare.
:goonsay:

The X is a really great design because basically all of the flourishes actually have a purpose. The green gem in the torso is both a GPS and a receiver for the power station on the moon, the X and the various purple bits all over are solar panels to store the charge, and the vents all over are to help it cool down immediately after firing.

The X also doubles as a flight pack. :eng101:

seed had many more powerful weapons like Requiem and the Alaska base unless you only mean ones that fit on a mobile suit.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Razzled posted:

Are those fingers individually posable? That thing looks awesome

if its a pg, yes definitely

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
take your decal paper to an actual print stop and use one of their high end printers with the toxic ink and heat curing.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty cool frame arms now up for preorder
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-40280&page=top

Its got everything I like, its vaguely asian and can barely stand under the weight of all the weapons

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ka0 posted:

Did you remove the nubs off the flame effect parts? I cut them off and polished them as best as I could but if you look really hard you can still tell where the gate connectors were

a tiny speck of olive oil polished into the nub can work well

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

I talking about a metal file, not xacto and sanding sticks.

well dont do that. A metal file is essentially a saw on plastic.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

PG Unicorn is looking really nice, but no green frame no sale. :colbert:

just paint it green, people have only messed up doing that several times itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bimmi posted:

Watching him struggle fruitlessly with that knee lock is borderline painful.

just the like MGs it looks like something you transform once and leave that way forever. Until it jumps off a shelf and explodes