Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

Because it is a Good Show with Cool Designs.

Agreed; here's hoping for an HGAW Leopard at some point in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Gotta be honest, I don't really care much for it in either mode. Normal mode is just boring because it's solid white all over, and Destroy Mode just looks weird to me. It might be because I've never seen the OVA, but I just don't really get the appeal of the suit in an aesthetic sense. :shrug:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

gently caress you latest episode of build fighters, now i gotta go buy some more stuff.

HG kits coming out in the next 30 days according to HLJ.com:

HG Montero (Crim Nike Custom)
Builders Parts HD: MS Armor 01
Builders Parts HD: MS Malin 01
HG Gundam G-Arcane
HGUC Crossbone Gundam X1
HGBF Lightning Gundam
HGBC Lightning Back Weapon System
HGBF Ez-SR
HGBC Ez-ARMS Parts
HGBF Beargguy F

They also have an Order Stop notice on the Beargguy F, meaning that they're not taking any additional orders on it until it's actually released, and only if they have any leftover after filling all the preorders.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Got an e-mail from HLJ earlier that my Lightning Gundam is now in my Private Warehouse and ready for shipping. I also ordered the Ez-SR at the same time, but didn't receive a notice about that one; checking the HLJ page for the Ez-SR mentions that it's not coming out until the 30th. Does Bandai actually wait until the last day of the month to release certain kits, or is it more likely that they're just waiting until after the actual episode with the Ez-SR airs next week?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Just got a shipment of kits in from HLJ. This month's haul:

HGBF Lightning Gundam
HGBF Gundam Ez-SR
HGAW Gundam X
HGUC GM Quel

Just a heads up for anyone considering ordering the Lightning Gundam: it does not include the parts needed to transform it into its flight mode. If you want to do that, you have to purchase the Lightning Back Weapon System kit, which is an extra 6 dollars (5 euros) or so, plus whatever impact the extra box would have on the final shipping & handling fees.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm not happy unless it has enough guns to level a city block, or be classed as a war crime the moment it fires at something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXsh6bMd4J4

This good enough for you?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

edit: Oh man, the Ez-8 team from the last episode of Build Fighters is getting a kit, and it's got feddy radar dishes. http://www.gundamplanet.com/hgbf-ez-sr.html

It's already out; it's one of the kits that I got in the mail today. It's actually a pretty neat setup; it includes all the parts needed to build it in any of the three configurations they had in the episode. Essentially, it's the same body for the all three configurations; the only parts that vary between them are the right knee, the forearm bits, the shoulders, the head, the backpack options and whatever weapons you give it.

The nice thing about that meaning that there'll be spare parts leftover for you to customize other kits with.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MJP posted:

Gird your loins and guard your wallets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SNWs94vGf0

... Cool video, but that design still just does nothing for me. :shrug:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Anyway, I've ordered Cardigan GM, I already have Build Burning, and now I feel obligated to get Lightning too :negative:

Friendly reminder, the Lighting Gundam doesn't come with the backpack for its transformation gimmick. You have to buy the Lightning Back Weapon System HGBC kit if you want to be able to transform it to waverider mode.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I finally tracked down the rest of my old Gunpla that I couldn't find from back when we moved here a few years ago! :woop:

... Man, I can't believe I forgot just how floppy the wings are on the old MG Zeta.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

My Gundam X collection pales to this person's love:

Believe in the shrine to Zeta.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

If we're tossing out recommendations for a good entry point, I'd suggest Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, especially since most of the fight scenes end with the damaged suits mostly intact as opposed to exploding dramatically for no reason.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

And it'll turn any new convert to Gundam into a Zeon sympathizer :black101:

Eh... only in the sense that they'll be sympathetic to the rank and file Zeon soldiers who are forced to put up with the bullshit from the monsters running Zeon high command. But that's a discussion for the Gundam general thread. v:shobon:v

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Stupid question: What's so bad about those two? I've been out of the Gundam series loop for a while (I last watched 00 back in 2010).

0083: Bad writing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I think I won't touch those series with a 10-foot pole now.

It's for the best. I can't actually vouch for the quality of AGE having never seen it myself, but pretty much everything I've ever seen about it agrees that it was pretty lovely, aside from the mobile suit designs, which were actually pretty cool.

As for 0083, I suffered through it up to about episode 8, at which point I gave up on it. Despite owning all four DVDs, I've never watched it to completion because of just how much stupid contrived bullshit occurs to keep the plot rolling along.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

TARDISman posted:

They could sort Qubeley under Zeta, which is having its 30th anniversary this year. That's what the prediction is based off of. ZZ's also on the prediction list since it's the next Gundam in UC to make an RG off of. That being said, ZZ would be ridiculous for an RG unless they finally figure out transformations.

To this day, I still believe that Tomino requested the designer make the ZZ's transformation as gimmicky and complicated as possible as a giant middle finger to Bandai.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Still holding out hope for HGFC Gundam Spiegel.

:smithicide:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

How did the guy with one arm even make that mobile armor anyway?

Magic.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Been working my way through SEED HD remaster, and certain historical revisionisms aside, been enjoying it. Is the HG M1 Astray that came out back in 2012 a decent kit?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

muike posted:

A nodachi may be of the appropriate size, goonsire

This is amazing. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: In other news, just like everybody expected MG Dark Matter comes with both the Exia and some of the Exia RII's runners.

Which means double the Setsuna.

Oh wow, that is amazing. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Don't play with my heart like this Bandai.

I just want more HGFC kits. Gundam Spiegel, Gundam Maxter, Bolt Gundam, Nether Gundam... but it's never going to happen in my life time, I can feel it. :smith:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'll see your boring MG and raise you HG TryyOON THREEEE :japan:

... though I suppose life's not all bad. :unsmith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Looks pretty sweet; are those G-Bits in the background?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

A few days ago, my brother asked me if I'd be willing to part with some old, unopened G.I. Joe figures I picked up back when the first live action movie came out. I said sure, since it's not like I was ever planning on doing anything with them. In exchange, he ended up buying me a Master Grade Exia Dark Matter, which came in today and he just dropped it off with me a few minutes ago. Looking over the instructions, I notice that there's an option for building the GN Drives with LEDs... which LEDs would I be looking for in order to make this work?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Can we get an MG R-Gyagya and R-Jarja next? :ohdear:

Nah, I'd bet next BF MG is gonna be Gundam X Maoh, if for no other reason than to give them a bit more mileage out of those MG Gundam X molds.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

Any word yet on what we will be getting after G Reco and Build Fighters is over? Besides the Origin movies.

G Reco got so many good (underused) suits its a shame to not see them in more stuff.

Supposedly another season of Build Fighters is already in the works.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I finished up an SD Full Armor Knight Gundam earlier today and holy crap this thing has a ton of fiddly little stickers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

TheManSeries posted:

Man I know it's be a pain but I'd love to see an animated Ex-S

Good news, then! It was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRynhjiIsM

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

(e): Found online: THE HIGHBALL.

Dare I say it... GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

And this Unicorn Destroy Mode painted in the traditional Gundam colors, too.

The light blue psycho-frame looks really nice.

Now, see, when I see the Unicorn painted like that? That looks good to me. That I like. It actually looks like a Gundam now. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the stock Unicorn's "all white with red/green Tron lines" look.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Now I have my second display shelf, I just wanna buy kits I like the look of for display instead of having a theme.

Is HG Kshatriya as good a kit as it looks? :swoon:

I haven't started on mine yet, so I can't vouch for the actual quality of the kit, but what I can tell you is that it's BIG. The HG Kshatriya comes in a box the size of the MG Qubeley's box.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Is the box bigger or smaller than the 1/144 HGUC Neo-Zeong's box?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Does it go into why it's Vrabe instead of Brave other than Engrish?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

HGAW Leopard will probably be a web exclusive, won't it. :sigh:

Why would it be? The HGBF Crossbone Gundam Maoh was released before the HGUC Crossbone Gundam X1, and the X1 wasn't a web exclusive.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Because Bandai loves making web exclusives out of slight mold edits to kits and figures. It's hardly out of the question that Leopard could be made web-exclusive.

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah, because the Crossbone Maoh changed a significant amount of stuff from the X1. The Leopard da Vinci just changed shoulders and took off the arm gun. I'm hoping for a general release, but I'm not expecting it.

So you're saying that even though they've done general releases for the Gundam X, the X Divider, the Double X, and the Airmaster, they might not do a general release of the Leopard because it's just a slight tweak to a mold for a kit of a suit that had a grand total of around a minute of screentime? :crossarms:

BlitzBlast posted:

The ZZ version of various Unicorn kits say hi.

(They're actually really inconsistent about the whole thing.)

Weren't the vast majority of the ZZ suits that showed up in Unicorn just generic grunt cannon fodder suits, though? Again, that strikes me as being a bit different than not doing a general release for one of the three lead suits from a full-length* series just because it would be a minor cosmetic tweak. :effort:

*Granted, it was cut short, but it was still intended to be a full-length TV series, as opposed to a 7-hour OVA series that exists for no other reason than to keep milking the pre-CCA UC suits.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

Construction robots that can be used for combat in a pinch are the best. No, I can't think of any other examples other than the Constructicons right now.

Industrial Mechs from Battletech? And the various construction labors being used for criminal purposes that eventually necessitated the creation of an anti-labor police division in the Patlabor series.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

...Yes? Those are some astoundingly bad examples by the way; the GX, Divider, and DX are lead Gundams, and while the Airmaster shares v-fins with the Build mkII that's about it.

Point to the Strike Rouge or the Harrison F91 if you want to make a point.

My point is that I fail to see why they would shaft one of the three lead suits from a series based solely on, "Well, it only has one or two tweaks from this mold we're doing for a kit based on it that showed up for about a minute in the very last episode of Build Fighters Try. There's no way there'll be an actual market for the original Leopard besides a few diehards who'll pay through the nose for it as a web exclusive." That just dosen't make any sense to me. I mean, hell, why even bother making a kit for the Leopard Da Vinci if they weren't eventually planning on reusing the mold for an HGAW Leopard and an HGAW Leopard Destroy later on down the line?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I don't think any Barnes and Noble location has stopped selling Gundam kits, it's just that some of them never started.

This is my current situation; the closest Barnes & Noble is like an hour's drive away, and they have no Gunpla. :(

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

You know, whatever your opinion about the astray line is, you have to admit that this PV is loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnIMDpnvT24

Depending on how well this sells, what are the odds on getting a RG Sengoku Astray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Truly, Gunpla is freedom. :eyepop: