Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BlitzBlast posted:

I was all ready to blow my latest paycheck on a MG Tallgeese II and some more 1/100 X kits when I stopped, looked at the Gundam X shrine in the corner of my room, and realized I have enough kits.

It's like I'm learning!

But if you don't buy a new X kit how will you mount a Satellite Cannon on your Plan-B once you finish it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Wow someone's drawn a lot of really cool stills of the RX-78-2 I mean that one almost looks...
:tviv:

I'm trying but my mind is being broken by these pictures.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Luminaflare posted:

More convenient use of the toilet facilities during combat?

Have you not been watching Reconguista?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Kibner posted:

Yup. My favorites so far are Acguy, Juaggu, Hygogg, and Z'Gok. The Gogg, Zock, and Zogok are ok. Any other Zeon suits I left out of that list?

Behold the glory of the Agguguy.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e-Oh god I just noticed that the Yuki's Hi Nu has a loving bird backpack gimmick. Yuki you were above these dumb gimmicks :negative:

The backpack he made for the Amazing Exia could turn into a bird, Yuuki has always been an enormous loving nerd.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BizarroAzrael posted:

Dude's a fan of Soundwave, don't be hating.
How could I hate Yuuki? He's the best. He's a massive dork but he is the best (because he is a massive dramatic dork).

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 29, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

The Dregs posted:

Are there some cartoons more suited to the younger mindset as well?

I apologise in advance for how many things your son is going to ask you to buy after you click this link.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

The Dregs posted:

If the show turned out to be super cool, we might have watched it.
I'm not going to try to force you to try it again or get mad at you for it, I'm just going to say the show is super cool but not if you start with a random scene more than halfway through the show without any context and which isn't representative of what the show is like. Picking a random episode of any show and judging the entire thing from the opening scene sounds utterly bizarre to me.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 19, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
You guys are forgetting to mention how he literally brought a wilting flower back into full bloom merely by gracing it with his proximity.

Yuuki owns and I gladly accept him as my Meijin.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The Kampfer only had 2 pairs of binders in the fight against the Renatos, every other appearance before then it was just the pair on its back.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

I need these in my life

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I'm really worried that it isn't going to be seperable.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Uznare posted:

It's untaxed. Don't worry unless you're ordering a literal shipping container via freight.

Yeah you have to be careful when you buy a Neo Zeong.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Allow me to fix exactly how you should have posted those pictures:

Sora Tryon!

Umi Tryon!

Riku Tryon!

Let's Try On!

Tryon 3!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Son of a bitch.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Now that I've just finally got around to ordering an RG Exia they're clearly going to announced an RG Amazing Exia just to make me buy two.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
drat but the GN particle conducting cable things on the Exia are fiddly to put in on the RG (just started work on it today, RGs are so much fun). Anyone built this before know how you're supposed to get the cable on the shin to dent into the leg? The instructions seem to suggest it gets held bent by the armour plates but they don't do that at all and it just ends up sitting straight, proud of the plating (I can live with it if it's not possible but I would like to get it to go in properly if I can) wondering if I might have to pull it out and put a slight crease in it.

edit: Taking the cable out and giving it a not quite crease worked.

Holy poo poo I just worked out what's going on with this part at the top of the leg, you can fold away the pegs on the hips for the GN Blades if you don't have them mounted there, that's a wonderful detail when nobody would really complain at having a mounting peg sticking out.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 15, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I just spent 5 minutes crawling around on my hands and knees looking for a part of my RG Exia's chest that wasn't attached.

It was on the sprue and I hadn't attached it this morning when I thought I did.

edit: gently caress poo poo balls I snipped a piece off without looking close enough at the instructions and removed a peg for the shoulder cable ribbon thing to attach to the right arm, doesn't look repairable so I think I'm going to have to order a kit from gunpla.co.uk just so I can use their replacement part service. I was planning to get an RG Destiny sometime soon anyway so it's not a huge ballache, biggest problem is I can't do the right shoulder at all until I get the part.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 18, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Someone is going to try to make a PG Plan B and it will bankrupt them.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Today I acquired HGs of Tryon 3. Lightning Gundam and Hi-Mock along with a Mock Army Set and a Lightning Back Weapon System Mk 2. Today was a drat good day.

edit: Holy gently caress Hi-Mocks have a lot of polycaps.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 25, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So along with getting several kits I recently picked up a set of tamiya tools which I've been using to build my Hi-Mock. Holy poo poo I knew games workshop tools sucked but I didn't know they sucked that much (I had some from when I didn't know any better).

Also I'm pretty sure the entire toolset cost less than a single tool from GW would, even if I don't have much need for the screwdrivers the clippers, files, knife and tweezers are all great.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

boom boom boom posted:

Do not give Games Workshop money.

Never again.

edit: Mocks are loving absurd.

I begin to suspect dark magic is afoot.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 27, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
They're clearly so you can turn it into a christmas tree ornament.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Xy Hapu posted:

I wonder what we'll even get for the December MG, I'm having a tough time thinking of anything with wide-ish appeal they can do that would be impressive. They really covered a lot in the past few years. Maybe they'll do a remake of something with PG level engineering now that we're getting no grades with MG frames? Then again the last PG was just a blown up MG so god knows, I guess all the grades and scales are kind of mushing together at this point.

I really hope it's gonna be a G-Self or at least something new.

One day they'll do MG V2 Assault Buster.

One day.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ActionZero posted:

One day they'll do MG V2 Assault Buster.

One day.

Is this real life or am I squealing like a little girl for no reason?

(I know I said Assault Buster but I'll take it)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Red Bones posted:

Unsurprisingly, there's gonna be P-Bandai exclusive wings of light for the MG V2.

What is the best way to go about buying P-Bandai exclusive stuff in the UK?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Holy poo poo, he hasn't posted since mid/late January.

I'm scared, I hope he's okay :ohdear:
He has to wait four months to post.
The same amount of months as THE NUMBER OF TURNS IT TAKES TO USE THE SATELLITE CANNON IN SUPER ROBOT WARS.

There, the ritual is complete, if he's still alive there's no way he won't be summoned back to be angry about that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So for people wondering if the LED set for PG Exia is worth it, this should help you decide

I've never built a PG and I've always thought I don't particularly want one, but now I need it desperately. Are LED sets limited in some way or will it still be relatively possible to get in the future?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

punchymcpunch posted:

wow which series was hopman oneleg gundam in

I wouldn't be 100% shocked if there's a brief scene of quality animation somewhere in 0079 where the gundam looks like that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Beelerzebub posted:

That last one is a hard one.

If you struggle with keeping your hand steady you can try lightly pressing the heels of your palms together so that any movement in one hand will transfer to the other keeping them steady relative to each other while you place the sticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Bees on Wheat posted:

Still a good Haro, though. Because all Haros are good Haros.

Some Haros are bad Haros.