Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

TaurusOxford posted:

Pretty sure you mean 320 dollars, unless you got a heck of a deal somewhere.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN991023/Sci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I managed to get a replacement part from bandai for my scopedog kit so you should be able to get one for your G-Self. iirc I emailed bandai action kits or a similar email address

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
dip em in floor polish

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=226756

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
which compressor is that?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah you're right about both of those. Depending on the grit you used, you might want to smooth it out with some progressive sanding.

Where did you get that, btw? I love the x-2 and i kind of want to get one

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I was going to say "it's just the hazenthlay II with the rah equipment" before i suddenly felt immensely broken as a human being

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MJP posted:

Time to enable even greater laziness in non-painted kit building!

welcome to the club pal :cool:

also hlj just got some more of the backordered lbx weapon sets if anyone except me cares about danball in this thread

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
So what's my best bet for a super gundam right now? Aside from the RD, I guess. MG 2.0 and scavenge the G-Defenser from the 1.0? HGUC G Defenser and RG MK II?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i knew i could count on you or taurus or bimmi, in no particular order

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://twitter.com/KANETAKE/status/552786412873854977

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The GN-X looks cool, the Geara Doga MG is cool if you like that design, and the MG Ball is fun

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

If that's the case, you got MG GP01 Fb or GP02A?

MG web exclusive.

i was mad, and also madder that it wasn't even the right destiny impulse that i wanted.

anyway, amazing red warrior is out now, even though i thought it came out on saturday.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Bimmi posted:

I would gladly get me an MG X Divider if they would just, you know, make one.

edit: my hands are prone to all sorts of aches and pains but I've never experienced any notable discomfort using despruing tweezers. I only use them to cut the very thinnest part of the gate, though — to cut thicker sprue I go with the stronger bite of your standard nippers, and I use the two-stage cutting process specifically so I can get the best and most comfortable angle to make the final "beauty cut" with the tweezers.

The GodHand seems sort of silly and overpriced based on the not-so-great results I've seen from it. One thing I do like about it, though, is the extreme thinness of the cutting blade — the thick, wedge-shaped blades of standard nippers tend to twist parts when cutting through thick sprue, which can lead to tearing at the gate or even breakage, and even exercising all caution is sometimes not enough to keep this from happening. A tool that doesn't lose its edge in the very first week of use is also worth paying extra for, IMO.

I agree that it's overrated and overpriced (I actually need to sharpen or hone the edge on mine), but you're spot-on about the rest of it. It really is a nice piece of equipment. I'd probably just buy Tamiya nippers next time though. I'm done with Xuron.

Can anyone help me figure out some bits on this custom: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=226220

It's mostly fairly self evident, but a few details, like the head, elude me. I think it's Zabanya based, but I'm not sure.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
futbawww

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
so who is gonna make the 150m gebera straight

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
A nodachi may be of the appropriate size, goonsire

muike fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 10, 2015

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
you could just take it off, i guess...or you could kill :twisted:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The normal backpack is there, isn't it? it's just folded down over the bootycheeks

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Does anyone know of a good guide or just write-up on kitbashing stuff, it's cool to read about and I might as well learn some techniques that people use

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Polikarpov posted:

This suit is gonna be a whole lot bigger than I expected.

are you italian by any chance

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I have a handful of Gundam AGE kits and will probably get more as time goes on....particularly for kitbashes

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The Amazing Red Warrior is a solidly designed kit, the only flaw of which being that it isn't Red Warrior verKa

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Look into Kotobukiya's Model Support Goods. They're not polyethylene or whatever polycaps are made out of, but they have a wide variety of joints.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
they're better now

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Was thinking about getting the master gundam HG to use the torso in a kitbash but the mold on it is way less dynamic on basically every other master gundam thing out there

speaking of, please let me know if you can think of any kits with knives aside from the grimoire and gm sniper k9

muike fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 24, 2015

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I should've thought of the Strike... I didn't think of Impulse at all though. Are they folding armor schneiders like on the strike or solid daggers?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm looking for tacticool combat knives, not sick energy/clear crystal daggers, but these are all things I completely forgot about anyway.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
dude that is so perfect thank you!!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've built the Exia, the Astraea F and the 00 and they're all pretty solid

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i don't like most MG boxart. i like the ver ka ones and the mg 3.0 gundam in recent memory

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's from the gunpla battle arms set

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The star winning head becomes the backpack

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Star Winning SD just adds to how bad the SD-R team's kit is. Hell, the Star Winning actually has moveable elbows for one.

let's wait until we see the dragon...rock the dragon...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Luminaflare posted:

What are the LBX kits like? Judging by the instructions they seem to be somewhere between SD and HG?
I haven't built a modern SD but they're pretty similar to HG kits, plus you don't actually need any tools to build them. I still use a hobby knife to shave down nubs tho

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I now have two Arios GNHW/M kits on their way to me because I'm loving stupid but that's okay I kind of like that version of the Arios more than the base one by like a million times

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's not cybuster so you're not going to bleed to death.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There are definitely parts of the Tri-Burning that look different as well, and the way it was animated makes it seem like he added or at least had Sekai polish more clear parts, but the fact that that doesn't jive with the explanation given isn't really a big deal because who cares, you know

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/%E4...B1%95%E5%93%81/
the tessarossa is so sick

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=231815
dat compac drive and industrial labor zz/gaogaigars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They're garage resin kits of bimbo-upped versions of the lady robots from mazinger

Also can anyone identify that SD Armored Trooper at the end for me? It seems like it might be an original design.

e: the red one