Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

MJP posted:

Am I the only person in the world that likes the look of non-transformed Unicorn more than the transformed one?

I'm happy to report that you're probably in the majority! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Suzaku posted:

This is why you should flood your display case with plavsky particles.
Make sure you keep the damage level set to C, otherwise... :negative:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

Good news is its been relisted!
http://tinyurl.com/lblkwxd

Edit: also I dig the weathering effect he did on it. Its like they built a giant ashtray and kept it in there instead of a hanger.

Good god, it's like the model kit version of the defaced Jesus fresco.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Found on Tumblr:

:allears:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Spotted this on Kotaku this morning:

More

:perfect:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 8, 2015

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

:eyepop: link isn't working but love R2!
Stupid phone. Try it now.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I love how he went through the trouble of modelling all of R2's little greebles and gadgets.

The cattle prod stowed in the ankle armor :kimchi:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Well finished my z'gock. My first and likely last amphibious mobile suit that I'll ever do.

I toned down the weathering on this one. I attempted to add some weathering like what I've seen with subs, though I'm not sure how visible it is. I made a conscious effort to dial down the weathering in comparison to my jesta. I also tried to add some burn marks on the claws and some mud on the feet. It's also the first time I used a detail up part or whatever they are called for the monoeye.

Now on to the turn X, and the mg zaku 2.0, whose box is clearly visible in my photo.

:rip: your fingers when the time comes to build the Zaku.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: woops, old page.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

The G-Self is the protagonist mech from a TV Gundam series, it has to get a MG eventually

One can only hope. :gbsmith:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Wouldn't the lack of a transforming mechanism require enough structural changes that it wouldn't really fall under P-Bandai? I thought they were mostly just recolors?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

It's basically just a scaled-up IBO HG kit. Don't let that be a huge drawback though, since an HG IBO usually has a frame on par with older MG's.

But yeah, compared to modern MG's like the Ver. Ka kits, it's very simple.

Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. More complexity tends to result in models that grenade if you so much as look at them funny.

MG Unicorn :argh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'd say the best comparison for the FM 1/100 kits would be the old No Grade 1/100s, but with an inner frame.

And y'know, not being poo poo.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

What kits, if any, would work for a Dark Suit or Light Suit paintjob?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's a gunpla modelled after a character that the modeler has an unrequited crush on. Yes, it's exactly as creepy and uncomfortable as it sounds.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hell yes, gachapon parts dispensers. Or something like the pick-a-brick section you see in LEGO stores.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I would actually kill for an MG Dynames. Sadly I doubt it will ever happen :(

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Would totally fork out the cash for a 1/144 Gunleon.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I like the radome head Graze, that's a clever way of designing an EWAC mech.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

RG System Build Strike :v:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Re: first kit talk, mine was the 1/100 NG Dynames. Still got it too.

First MG? Unicorn Banshee. :suicide:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

those are big beam sabers

e: I'm an idiot. Yep, those are 'Hyper Beam Sabers'. They also function as beam cannons when stowed.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:allbuttons:

Just awful.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:stwoon:

You're doing god's work.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Show me one supporting the MG Strike IWSP :colbert:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

My kingdom for more 00 MGs. I want an MG Virtue/Nadleeh damnit. The 1/100 No Grades are awful.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

We're getting Gihren's Greed HGUC figures now. Gyan Krieger.

:popeye:

About loving time if you ask me.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Spotted in a friend's Discord server:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

God drat it Bandai. If there was one thing that could get me back into building Gunpla, it's an MG Dynames. The original 1/100 was the first kit I ever built.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Did they ever end up coming out with an MG Dynames? I'm a sucker for sniper MS.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

My introduction to Gunpla was when I was still a kid, I think I had the old NG Epyon. After several years I was given an NG Exia.

No Grades are bad. I don't think the Epyon could even partsform.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Where's my Zaku II monocle case, Bandai!? :monocle:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

On the plus side, that should guarantee we at least get Barbatos variants, if not the other IBO Gundams.

I'd be more surprised if we didn't get the others, since the inner frames for them are more or less identical.

Non-anime ones will be P-Bandai of course.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

MG Hashmal as this decade's gigantic centerpiece kit please :pray:

That Dark Core Gundam looks sick, I love that dome visor look that started with the NPD Leos.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

How much can I kitbash the 30MM? Like could I put a Portanova's arms on an Alto frame?

30MMs are compatible with most recent (Build Fighters etc.) High Grade accessories as all the peg holes on the frame are the standard 3mm ones, and they can also fit most backpack adapters.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It probably was real, Mika likely just never noticed and/or bothered using them because of his penchant for giant crushing weapons.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Azubah posted:

I'm in the middle of building the PG Exia and the wiring for the LEDs is nowhere near as annoying as the Unicorn. I think I'll actually be able to pose this one.

From the video reviews I've seen of it, the posability of the PG Exia is fantastic. The only thing it can't do is full rotation of the neck, arms and hips due to the wiring. It's probably the first Perfect Grade that actually lives up to the name.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I try not to think about most pre-2010s Gunpla. It's a mire of awkward transformations and heavy ABS plastic held together by crappy polycaps that can't support the weight.

As well as the kit that killed any interest I had in building kits for several years, the MG Zeta 2.0 :gonk:

As far as I know, that monster is still sitting half-built in its box in a charity store somewhere in Auckland.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I've been hearing great things about RGs since they mostly dumped the prebuilt inner frames that went loose over time. The RG Nu in particular looks brilliant.

e: Looking back on it now, I think the first Gunpla I ever got was the original HG Epyon, as a present from my dad. I don't remember much about it, except that it was a plastic grenade. I think I stuffed it into a Bionicle can and forgot about it.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Phy posted:

I may have mentioned before but I used to use diagonal cutters and a boxcutter

Some of the cuts were, let's say, rough

Never lost a fingerprint but I did chop into my thumb a fair bit. Fortunately shallow boxcutter wounds heal quickly

Yeah, I used to use a pair of Citadel cutters and a cheapo hobby knife. I butchered a lot of kits.

I've been out of the building game for years now but this thread and bingeing Mecha Gaikotsu videos is making me seriously consider grabbing an HG or two. Or ten.