Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So does anyone know how the HG F91 and Shining stack up together, size-wise? I've got some ideas for a lame kit bash and if the arms are too long/short it's not gonna work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So does anyone have any advice/guides for a first time painter? Trying to make this picture into a real gunpla.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

edit: I'm dumb.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Let's see, that's the Shining's head/arms on the F91's chest on the the DX's bottom half with a different thruster on the dick, right? First things first you'll have to actually check if the F91's torso even looks alright on the DX's body. Luckily for you I actually have both, so let me just snap them together real fast and see.

It looks... alright, I guess? That odd black bit in the center of your lineart is presumably supposed to be the white piece on that connects the DX's torso to the waist, but that's incompatible with the F91.

As is, the connection between the the waist and the torso is a little weird from up close but serviceable from afar.

As for actual painting, you're lucky enough that all of the orange bits are actually separate pieces. Grab a spraycan of orange and just go nuts. The red, though, will actually require some detail work, so look up the handpainting posts from a while back. You are again lucky that it won't be very tough, as the HG DX's legs were designed to be easy to paint the details of while the F91's chest is also easy enough to paint. You'll have more trouble with the F91's vulcans and the two toning on the DX's front skirt armor, honestly.

Thanks for the help, man! This is really useful. This is going on the back burner though, as I found out there actually was a kit for the best SD gundam of all time, CAPTAIN GUNDAM.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 10, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Am I late to celebrating the fact that the new gunpla builders show is finally finally forcing Sunrise to give me my Leo kits after all these years?

I can finally make my proto tallgeese custom I drew up a decade ago.