Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Just a heads up for anyone who wants some buildings to complement their Gunpla, there’s a kickstarter for a wargame called Warpath that has a bunch of modular buildings as part of it. While it’s not technically the same scale as EG/HG/RG the space marine equivalents are technically about the same size as a regular human would be and they look sci fi enough they’d probably match pretty well.

Also I am going to be going to Japan for the next two weeks and I’ll be stopping by the Gundam Base in Tokyo and the Gundam Factory in Yokohama, are there particular hidden gems I should be looking out for? I’m definitely going to try and get a RX-78F00 and I think a clear plastic Aerial but I don’t know if there’s any other exclusives to watch out for (well other than a Recirculation Lfrith).

I think I might wind up mailing some stuff to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Marx Headroom posted:

I could've sworn they did a Rick Dias refresh lately but apparently that was the Galbaldy. That's my bad, that one is one me.

My question for the thread is, anyone aware of smaller (like tabletop sized) model kits in the mecha domain? I've been hooked on those Gundam Artifact kits. They're perfect for short bursts and easy to take with you, I can throw 2 pairs of nippers and a tube of glue in the box and carry it in my pocket! But I've built almost all of them now. Is there something else like this out there?

Aside from the recommendations that have already been suggested, and this is more for other support stuff, there's also Dropzone Commander and the upcoming Warpath from Mantic. I believe DZC is approzimately to scale with Battletech (although it doesn't have much in the way of mechs and a lot of their ranges are in metal or resin) which are about the closest you'd get to being in scale wtih Artifact stuff, while Warpath is going to be in 8mm scale - although their Space Marine equivalents are going to be 12mm tall, which is about the right height for a normal human in HG scale so if you wanted some infantry and vehicles that are the right size for those kits, they'd be an interesting option. But it's several months before they release.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/vQULsHE3fTmcgaF/status/1775009298797691352

Lol 800 yen for a Michaelis they still have so many of them.

I got one for Christmas, it's a good kit.