Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Warmachine posted:

New thread, and I'm just starting a project for the first time in ten years. When I was a child, I only did snap together. Now I'm doing a Thunderbolt Zaku II in a Build Fighters color scheme. :dance:

That's awesome, I love the Thunderbolt variations. I've only glanced at my sprues and its go so much more detail than the stock Zaku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

This night's effort...

A big pile of jim, ready for washing and priming tomorrow. For whatever reason the sprue for all the white parts was a weird teal color. Doesn't really matter because I'm going to paint it but anyone trying to do a snapbuild with this kit is going to get a weird final look.

I've learned a bit and picked up some new tools since I did that Zaku... I'm doing the double snip on the sprues which works way better and I picked up a set of Squadron Tools sanding sticks and a seam scraper that have really let me get at the nubs and seams easily. No accidental file or hobby knife gouges on this GM!

I would've started on this yesterday, but I decided to work on my pistol instead and spent an hour and a half chasing escaped springs around the room.

Tonight's gunpla was much more relaxing.

Polikarpov fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 6, 2014

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

What the hell is the double snip

I guess I made up a dumb term for making a long cut and then a close cut to get the part off the sprue.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

These are the tiniest goddamn stickers but I don't think I hosed it up too badly. The Delta Plus is a rad suit and I need to get it some Jesta posing buddies.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Warmachine posted:

That's how it was translated in the sub. Instead of a Sinanju core, it was an old-school Zeong.

Wouldn't that be a Double Zeong? :v:

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

You're in luck!

And I thought the Full Burnern was bad engrish.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

This suit is gonna be a whole lot bigger than I expected.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

MJP posted:

If you ever want a fun one-weekend-day build, the HGUC Z'Gok comes together really nicely. Not too many seams, and easily filled/sanded.

Mine's painted up but I'm holding off on assembling it until some scrap Soviet decals come in. Gotta get the Naval Aviation flag.

The Zaku's going to get done in just regular Russian camo green all around... I did some parts in lighter olive drab/OD-tinted khaki, but given that the Soviets never really used camo schemes for their tanks, this is at least :quotefingers: historically accurate :quotefingers:

They used whitewash as winter camo, so you could try doing that. There were also some accounts of tanks being sent into combat with only the red factory primer paint, the need for them was so desperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless you want to go full DIY, Ikea Detolfs are the usual choice.

Personally I just pepper my entire room with models, though.

The bonus is that "Detolf" honestly sounds like the sort of name Zeon might have hung on an overpowered superweapon.