Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

madpanda posted:

For those that have used SAL for shipping about how long does it take and have you ever had shipments damaged/ not show up?

Coming from the retro games thread it was pretty much EMS or bust but we were getting old electronics sent.

I've only ever used SAL and it usually takes between one and two weeks (but I'm in Europe atm so results may vary) when I order from places like HLJ. Never any problems with damaged packages though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Swagger Dagger posted:

If a Gundam punches me in the head, the fight's on. If he pulls a Sword Dragoon, the fight's on.

In my mind, I'm never gonna die in no colony. Absolutely never.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
How are the 00 1/100 kits anyway, detail/build-quality wise? Are they just MGs without an inner-frame or something?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, I was more asking for the rest of the team's suits, I'd definitely go for an MG with the 00 itself. Probably the Seven Sword...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Word of warning though, if it's anything like their FA Hi-Nu, the base model will be nice and solid (albeit not super articulated) but the armor and accessories will be a bitch to keep on.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

karlor posted:

I haven't even started on the legs because it's so much fun making gunplabominations.

Mecha Shiva! Mecha Shiva!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sorry for the double post, but speaking of grails:

That Xi is pretty much equal in height to a PG Zaku, so this should be very impressive. If I can find shelf space for it.

Will I be able to take out a bank loan on gunplas?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yawgmoft posted:

Oh man building Gundams again sure is fun but I'll never be one of those crazy people with some wild backlog yep just a fun hobby oh look a sale from Japan oh well I guess I should get it and why not a few other things you know to pad out the shipping cost and

Someone send help.

"Bury me with my models."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My two favourite sand-coloured Gundams, the Gastima and the Gusion rebake, just arrived so I'm glad to hear that they're both from solid model lines. By the way, how complicated are the 1/100 IBO kits? Closer to MG or to HG? I know there's rumor of and MG Barbatos so I might just hold out for that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I would commit felonies for a MG/RG Woundwort.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Argh now I gotta decide whether to buy the MG Sinanju or the RG. On the one hand the MG is inherently more impressive due to its size and it would match my Unicorn, but I'm a big fan of the RG line and the fact that it's newer suggests it'll have more solid engineering. Decisions decisions.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm finally getting started on my HG Rebake. Oh god, so many stickers. :cry:

E: Awww man, I thought the head actually transformed.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 17, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Darth Walrus posted:

Incidentally, how's the RG Exia? I'm buying it for an acquaintance who's an experienced modeller but a Gunpla first-timer, and wondered if there was anything I should warn him about.
It's legit one of my favourite kits.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Another year and still no Woundwort. :smith:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Is the "Full Mechanics" line the same as MG for complexity? Note: the more complex, the better in this case.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I had no idea this was a thing. :stare:

And only 30bux. How're CuteCube's other kits, does anyone know?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sazabi posted:

Hobby wave is having a going out of business sale. If you live in the U.S. I suggest picking some cheap kits. Like IBO 1/144 for under 9 bucks, some MG kits are going for 25.

Hmmmm, I know they used to ship to Canada, and it says on their site that they only do US, but it's taking me all the way to checkout. Getting mixed messages here. But drat, sad to see them go.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Monaghan posted:

I'm not too broken up since they stopped shipping to canada a couple of months ago, but they were my go to supplier for years so it's still sad.
What is the best option that ships to Canada? I put my Gunpla addiction on hold for a while, but I used to use HW primarily.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
After not building anything for quite some time, I picked up a Duel Assault Shroud, one of the few Seed designs I like. Hope I didn't make a big mistake.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well it goes without saying that you've made a major one, because you seem to think this lapse in self-control will end after purchasing just one kit.

Haha, oh, don't worry I'm prepared for that very real eventuality, even got a list planned out for what I hope to grab in the future. Just not sure if the Duel AS is a good kit or whether the shroud's gonna be falling off all the time.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 22, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Goodbody posted:

Totally different robots

When did this...
...Become more attractive than this?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MJP posted:

Hold on to your Hazels, kids, Bandai's actually doing a Woundwort.

Dreams do come true!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

StrixNebulosa posted:

My first MG is here, and. I thought it would be of a comparable size/part count to the RG I did, but sweet moses. :stare: So many runners! So many pieces! I'm going to be working on this for weeks!

:woop:

Btw, heads up, but as far as I know, all of Bandai's (modern?) MGs are entirely snap-build, no painting or wiring needed, that stuff's the purview of PG. So you should be safe to pick up any kit that catches your fancy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So when's that Woundwort actually coming out? Daddy needs his fix.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The Julia is probably my favourite design from IBO, and the kit looks really cool at the end, but yeah it's not very poseable and the arms pop off if you glare at them too hard.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So I've got no real fondness for ZOIDS as a franchise, but I'm thinking of picking one up for variety's sake. Is there a particular kit people would recommend? The place in my city has a Lightning Saix that's close to what it costs online--a rarity for that store--and I've considered grabbing it next time I'm in Chinatown. I will say that I have been slightly underwhelmed with prior Koto models I've bought, however, especially considering their price points.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never really noticed in the show, but the Julia's huge. The kit's almost the size of my MGs!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Not like this...Not like this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Solkanar512 posted:

Is this a known gundam within the series and you're asking about a gunpla release, or are you asking about something that's been announced for the show but hasn't been seen in any form? I'm trying to imagine a Barbatos in a crazy rear end color scheme with a ton of clear plastic bits or something crazy like that.
In the OP there's a guy (likely a future teammate) with a unicorn-horned Barbatos wielding some sort of big hammer/pincer thing and what looks like a shoulder mounted mortar. It's actually not that flashy, kind of sand-coloured.

E: Fuckit, here's a screen.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 3, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like it might be a Dainsleif rather than a mortar, considering it's IBO. A nasty blend of the Flauros amd Gusion Rebake Full City.

If you're right then I can't wait for horrendous anime MMO warcrimes in a Gundam for children. :unsmigghh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Monaghan posted:

I'm moving again and after realising that my backlog takes up three huge boxes I'm starting to believe that my girlfriend was right and I don't need to buy anymore for a while.

:sever:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sam Sanskrit posted:

but I have no interest in RE/100s. Bummer.
Same :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Check it, HobbySearch has a sitewide sale going on right now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sweet, my 00 7 Sword and Fenice Riceroni MGs both arrived over these last two days. First time I'll be doing two Master Grades back to back, I think.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

sassassin posted:

Frothy piss gundam.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Goodbody posted:

I want this thing

It's way too overdesigned and eye-rendingly gaudy, gimme, gimme, gimme!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They're the T-54/55 of mecha.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Those are both third party, right?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh god, this RG Sazabi has so many stickers. :stonk: