Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm glad that Snapchat at least lets you write a display name for each person. I just do SA-{your username here} and then life is OK.

I do have to tap like sixty times when I want to send a picture of a penis snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

I am off this weekend and my vegas trip got canceled. So there will be garage snaps instead of pharmacy poo poo. And cattesnaps of course.

Are those gas jet needle things supposed to replace real needles or are they just for lidocaine?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

They are to numb the site prior to inserting the IV. It is lidocain buffered with sodium bicarbonate to make it sting less. They only get a couple of weeks expiration after we make the so I always play with them before I throw them out.

Man I was hoping they figured out how to give me a flu shot without all that old fashioned stabbin'.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

I also missed this epic snap because that her didn't add me yet. Serving up education snaps today at work to get my mind off dying cancer kids :smith:

How'd that life flight from last night work out?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

Of course, if you're running Android, it's all JVM so that's abstracted away. No idea if Objective C provides the same level of abstraction for iThings, but I suspect it does.
Apply brake and bring the truck to a full stop before shifting transfer case to "low-range autism:"

Even though it's abstracted away, whatever base level native code is eventually getting called by Snapchat is causing the Nexus 4 to literally crash and reboot from userland code. That's insane.

The iOS runtime is not a virtual machine: applications written in Objective-C (or Swift) compile 'down to' C (in reality it's just cross-compiled using LLVM/clang these days, I suspect) and then to native ARM code. Until semi-recently the runtime didn't even support garbage collection.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Otters ruled, dude.

• Locked thread