Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I signed up for this as thelettereph and still don't understand how the story feature works. I mostly send photos of the landscape when I go riding but I promise to send you lot photos when I dump my bike somewhere with cell service so you can laugh at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Cakefool posted:

The buggy as poo poo snapchat client needs a "spam all" button. Or I should be doing stories, dunno. Dog tonight, promise. Cat maybe.

Sharing something with your story puts an in app notification out for everyone on your friends list, but no push notification. It's close enough, given how many people send out snaps direct to people they'll see it pretty quick.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Something I only found out recently (probably mentioned in the tutorial video but no one watches those) is that you can tap somewhere on the screen while viewing a snap to skip to the next snap by that user. Helps when you wake up to 20 things from holdbrooks and you've seen half of them cause they were sent direct as well as being copied to the story.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

instagram and twitter usernames are the same as snapchat, thelettereph. Someone signed up to everything with my usual nickname already... I only just signed up to instagram recently and haven't used it yet but it's likely to have more dog, bike, and landscape photos.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Bajaha posted:

I kinda want to get in on this snap chat extravaganza, but the app permissions have me a little worried, am I being paranoid?

The location permission appears to be for some optional bullshit you can skip when you first launch. I haven't seen it use my GPS at all.

• Locked thread