Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I am kastein1986 because some turd burgling nazi already took the username "kastein".

Just kidding, they probably aren't a turd burglar.

Stuff: I tend to send out pictures of rotten house things, rotten jeep/car things, broken poo poo, and cats. So basically the same things I post on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

stevobob posted:

I'm Stevobob on snapchat. How do you use this thing

You take a picture, draw on it, hit send, start choosing recipients, it crashes

Start over, it crashes

Try and view a snap, it crashes and takes the next 4 snaps with it before you can view them

Try and view a video, it shows a black screen, then... crashes

So what I'm saying is that it mostly crashes and occasionally shows pictures and videos your friends sent before crashing

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

sorry guys, I'm out. Snapchat is literally so loving unstable and broken I can't even view anything that happened in the last 2-3 days nor can I send anything before it crashes, again. 50+ crashes per day (12 in a row in under 7 minutes, trying to send a snap just now) is absolutely unacceptable and all I can say is that every developer who works on this garbage rear end software should have either been on AA flight 11 or spent their life shoveling out cesspits in asscrackistan, not writing code. I'm done, this is bullshit.

Christ almighty.

Feel free to keep me on the list, I might be back in 6 months just to see if those retards have fixed it yet, but yeah, I won't be on anytime soon.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

What kind of bullshit dry erase marker eraser of a phone do you have? The official snapchat app has literally never crashed for me.

Gonna keep this short and to the point, at least by my standards.
If something fails all the time, deterministically, it is usually an API not existing or an easily found app bug.
If something fails at loving random whenever it wants, it is a retard dev who can't program to save their lives, at least in an app this simple. If you want a bug list I can write one up but I might run up against the maximum post size, there are a lot. I would say it is roughly ten times worse than Radium's forums code.

Both issues exist in my snapchat. I don't bitch about the former because I assume it is my two year old phone not being the latest and greatest. Whatever.

The other, on the other hand, I loath the creators of, as someone who spent 3 years of his life finding bugs like this and reporting them to the perpetrators. (I found many, many firmware bugs on the last gen of itanium processors+development platforms and prevented them from reaching the market.)

And I am far from the only person who has issues with it, I just have very little patience with it since poo poo tier software like this never should have been released. It is pretty obvious they need to fire their devs, or QA team, or both.

End idiot developer bitchin'.

I've tried not updating it, I've tried updating it. I've tried reinstalling.

E: I am honestly unsure if your phones all have dual processor cores these days but mine does. And just adding a second core to a multitasking environment is great at determining whether a given dev has any loving idea how to handle multithreading, because it makes resource contention and data corruption thousands if not millions of times more likely to occur and therefore greatly increases the chances of a crash if someone forgot to do locking/mutexes/semaphores on a critical section.

I've found bugs in windows server edition relating to DrWatson and RAS featuresets for handling system memory/cache corruption and conclusively proven they were MS's fault by reverse engineering and hex editing internal kernel API functions on a running operating system with 64 processors, I am not some ignorant schlub blaming poo poo at random here :v:

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 14, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

jammyozzy posted:

I think I'm out of Snapchat until they improve the android client. Something's been tanking my phone's battery and making it run like poo poo for the last couple of months and uninstalling Snapchat seems to have fixed it immediately.

I'm no coder but how complicated can it be to make an app that displays pics and an occasional video? :confused:

You are far from the only person to notice this. People kept blaming it on me using a specific phone :v:

I gave up on snapchat months ago and have had like, three app crashes since then, compared to dozens per day, and my battery lasts longer. Not getting my data plan murdered every month is nice too, but that is somewhat justifiable when sharing videos constantly OTA so I'm not really blaming snapchat for that.

• Locked thread