Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I'm spookykidak on snapchat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Just saw that 13' Deck update and Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me was playin in the background it was basically the best moment of my month.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I showed cattes tonight and had a stupid allergy episode. Goddamnit tomatoes stop being in my food when I don't expect.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Makin' Jerky and showin' AI.

:getin:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
2.0c Yoshidas Teriyaki
1.0c water
.25c balsamic vinegar
2Tbs rock salt
1Tbsp garlic powder
2Tbsp onion flakes
1tsp Cayenne red pepper
*1Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2tsp liquid smoke
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of paprika

Add 1 lb of sliced top round and throw it in the fridge for 24 hours. throw it on the dehydrator for 1 hour at high/170º and then 8-12 hours at medium/110º

BAM, amazing jerky.
*red pepper flakes->ghost pepper to taste

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
You can do the high heat stuff in the oven with the proper racks. The problem you run into is the lower heat stuff as ovens usually can only go down to (realistically) 140ish. I got my dehydrator for like $50 (I think) at costco, so try there first. Also the deli slicer was only like $40-50, and bam, you have jerky whenever you wanna go buy top round.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I primarily cut cross-grain, and that setup is loving terrifying. What the gently caress are you pulling up with that poo poo? Random treatment chems? Fiberglass? Nope, and especially nope for Popular Mechanics, who has led us in some poor directions in the past.

E: PM HEADLINE: "USED ASBESTOS AS A FILLER MATERIAL FOR YOUR CAR? WE TEST IT ON PAGE 140"

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
NOPE Even if the patron saint of turkey frying recommends it, not drying on AC filters.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
More jerky pics inbound!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Tommychu posted:

e: Dannywilson I bought a dehydrator because of you (and because Crappy T had a variable temp dehydrator on sale for like $35). I replaced the teriyaki with Sweet Baby Ray's though because I'm out of teriyaki.

ONE OF US ONE OF US

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
1 user crashes regularly for me, but that's it. :/ I wanted to see more rusty XJ/MJ's, cause they don't really get like that, that fast up here. :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Adiabatic's fall shenanigans. :laffo:

• Locked thread