Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

That kid's expression says "You gave me what?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What possible explanation other than "I thought it would feel good" could he come up with?

"And so I quickly surmised that the only way to slow the energy death of the universe is for me to gently caress this pastry"

Edit: "The signal for the armed rebellion to start against the tyranny of the plutocrats "

Edit #2: "It's for charity"

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 11:04 on Dec 6, 2014

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

What possible explanation other than "I thought it would feel good" could he come up with?

Drugs.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

What's really funny to me about all of these types of headlines is how easily the editor could have fixed them by changing the prepositions. Change 'after' to 'by' and it's fine. Not as funny as the image of a tumor getting a black belt in Taekwondo though.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Karma Monkey posted:

What's really funny to me about all of these types of headlines is how easily the editor could have fixed them by changing the prepositions. Change 'after' to 'by' and it's fine. Not as funny as the image of a tumor getting a black belt in Taekwondo though.

I don't think anyone cares now, no one reads newspapers.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
Coincidentally, I found a huge set of these on an old backup hard drive. I won't dump them all, but here's a link to the gallery and some of my favorites:

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/sfMfA

:raise:

:gonk:

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011

Jo posted:

Coincidentally, I found a huge set of these on an old backup hard drive. I won't dump them all, but here's a link to the gallery and some of my favorites:

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/sfMfA

I really enjoyed this one.

And my head felt weird with this one.

Baby-face strikes again.

These are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TOILETLORD posted:

I don't think anyone cares now, no one reads newspapers.

I think it's intentional.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Good stuff.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

These are in a curious format. It's like I'm scrolling through a Windows 95 -era Multimedia CD-ROM. :raise:

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I would have never guessed. :gay:

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

Maximum Planck posted:

These are in a curious format. It's like I'm scrolling through a Windows 95 -era Multimedia CD-ROM. :raise:

File modification date: 26th of August, 2009. :stare:

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
This is funny stuff I laughed in bed here and woke the baby now the wife is pissed keep it coming.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

To be fair that is a normal day in Stoke on Trent so I'm not really seeing the problem here. :colbert:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Can anybody find a picture that classic PROSTITUTES APPEAL TO POPE headline? Googling it just gives me a ton of linguistics blogs, but I remember seeing a copy of the paper a few years ago so it definitely exists.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Can anybody find a picture that classic PROSTITUTES APPEAL TO POPE headline? Googling it just gives me a ton of linguistics blogs, but I remember seeing a copy of the paper a few years ago so it definitely exists.

I couldn't find it with a GIS, but I did find this:

jillyputty
May 1, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Sadly already corrected

Actually started crying laughing when I saw this one. A man more than half the age of the universe, remarkable.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

jillyputty posted:

Actually started crying laughing when I saw this one. A man more than half the age of the universe, remarkable.

He doesn't look a day over 2^33-5.972*10^7.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Headlines found during unsuccessful search for "Prostitutes Appeal to Pope"

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I think a lot of the older ones only exist as text or reproductions since a lot of them predate scanning or even photocopying

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

:psyduck:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
:tinfoil:

:420:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Think of the Daily Mail as the New York Post if the editors of the New York Post but with a history of openly praising European fascism.

Oh, right, this is a thread for outrageous headlines, let's just go to the Daily Mail Song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Tango and cash my rear end, Robert z'dar was a KGB plant the whole fuckin time man.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

This is how the Cold War should've ended.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

She's either got toothpicks for wrists or dad could give horses penis envy.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Alabaster White posted:

She's either got toothpicks for wrists or dad could give horses penis envy.

Or it goes around the block and tackle.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

Think of the Daily Mail as the New York Post if the editors of the New York Post but with a history of openly praising European fascism.

Oh, right, this is a thread for outrageous headlines, let's just go to the Daily Mail Song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Actually that Stephen Lawrence front page might mark the ONE time the Daily Mail did anything worthwhile (even if it was because the father of a murder victim had plastered Paul Dacre's kitchen)

Here's the original front page (the CENSORED banner was added later by someone)

Here's the followup:

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-lawrence-daily-mail-paul-dacre-2012-1?IR=T

quote:

"It was Dacre's decision to put the photos of those accused of murder on the front page in 1997, possibly in contempt of court, under the headline "MURDERERS: The Mail accuses these men of killing. If we are wrong, let them sue us".

Not one of the men ever sued, and public opinion swung wildly against the accused and the police who had mishandled the case. Eventually, in 2007, police began re-investigating the case, and in 2011 charges were brought against two men.

So (through gritted teeth) credit where credit's due.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

The Register is cheating; they work for those headlines.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The NT News from Australia has been posted here a couple times ('Why I Stuck A Cracker Up My Clacker' is the famous one, but Auspol's emote :itwaspoo: was them too), but this happened.

It turns out that not only is their entire Twitter feed like that, but they sell memorabilia of their headlines, including a book.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cleretic posted:

The NT News from Australia has been posted here a couple times ('Why I Stuck A Cracker Up My Clacker' is the famous one, but Auspol's emote :itwaspoo: was them too), but this happened.

It turns out that not only is their entire Twitter feed like that, but they sell memorabilia of their headlines, including a book.

The all caps convey a kind of wild-eyed craziness. gently caress YEAH, GIVE ME THAT FEEDING TUBE.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

The NT News is almost cheating. My favourite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
Meanwhile, in Scotland. :scotland:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-30403700