Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm just old. (I lived when computre was good.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Nah, for any real serious database work it gotta be done in tables in powerpoint.

Or possibly screenshots of tables.

ah i see you work at my company

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm just old. (I lived when computre was good.)

This guy is from a fuckin parallel universe

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Yeah, Finland

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Sounds like a job for Visual Foxpro

VisiCalc

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Sounds like a job for Visual Foxpro
My work used a third-party DB that was based in Foxpro up until mid-last year.

This might be shocking but a Foxpro database doesn't work well on a modern system. The database would corrupt itself several times a year, which the vendor blamed on us not disabling new-fangled technologies like "hard drive write caching" on everyone's computer.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

ChatGPT write a headline for our news ticker.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I mean it's a confusing headline until you realise they need to jingle a set of keys in front of him to get him to do... oh anything really.

"Time to get up donny..."

"Time for smart donny to write a truthy..."

"Does big brave donny want to meet the nice people downstairs...?"

Edit: in fact, reaching for a set of nursey's keys is what he's doing in the photo.

Cable Guy has a new favorite as of 09:46 on Mar 22, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1770567698960843204

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lmao get owned jo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LMAO "Jo" even wants trans people to be sent to gas chambers. That's a very up-to-date reference.

For further context, I'm sure Rowling voted for Scotland to remain as part of the UK.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

She recently tried to absolve Nazi Germany of their Trans and LGBT persecution, I just can't

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
jo mama

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

quote:

Marion Calder, a director at For Women Scotland, the campaign group, said the materials were “clearly trying to create a link with JK Rowling” and that it was “deeply concerning” to see “Jo” quickly leap from “reasonable statements” to the Holocaust.
I agree, it was deeply concerning to see how quickly she went from talking about wizards making GBS threads their pants and magicking the poo poo away instead of using toilets to... oh wait, you meant the fictional Jo, not the real one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
A version of the actual article.
https://freespeechunion.org/police-accused-of-parodying-jk-rowling-with-jo-who-thinks-trans-people-should-go-to-gas-chambers/

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Didn't even get through the first sentence before the chuddiness shone through.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Is the article trying to defend her? "unfounded conspiracy theories that there are links between gender critical beliefs and nazism" is an extremely suspect phrasing

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Saying "targeting gender critical feminists like JK Rowling" sounds extremely like some terfy bullshit. They're called "free speech union" and the other articles linked at the bottom are "Dr Laura Favaro’s research revealed female academics are bullied into silence over their views on gender – now she’s been silenced and ousted too" and "Now the EU wants to regulate online influencers."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

Didn't even get through the first sentence before the chuddiness shone through.

Man by this point I didn't even get through the url

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

venus de lmao posted:

Is the article trying to defend her? "unfounded conspiracy theories that there are links between gender critical beliefs and nazism" is an extremely suspect phrasing

Yes, both of them. The telegraph went on with something like "meanwhile, they let the others say banning "pray the gay away" conversion therapy was good and as important as when homosexuality was decriminalised. The temerity!" right about the point when I stopped reading

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is the slide that they’re upset about.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

that's honestly tame compared to some of the real poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Platystemon posted:

This is the slide that they’re upset about.

Jo also publishes books in which the criminal is a "male cross dresser" who hides in womens bathrooms, she does this using the pseudonym of the inventor of conversion therapy. Mere coincidence, I'm sure

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1770841862347071859

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Continuing the longstanding Metal Gear tradition of unzipping The Boss's chest area for a tactical advantage

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

cleavage distraction

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

freeedr posted:

cleavage distraction

Is that one of them robots from Pacific Rim?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

venus de lmao posted:

I'm guessing yes, because the link between hating LGBT and being Nazis is pretty well-established.

In other news, gently caress Jo.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Small lampshade at the Buchenwald Memorial is made of human skin after all
Forensic biologist Mark Benecke contradicts expert opinion from 1992 according to which the object was made of plastic

Buchenwald was hosed up even by the standard of NS extermination camps. There used to be a big lampshade as well, but it was destroyed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://kyma.com/news/california-news/2024/03/24/california-man-steals-and-eats-detached-leg-arrested-soon-after/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lemme check that link, probably a pig's leg or something just news being news....
OH DEAR GOD

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You’d have never questioned it if it was a Floridaman headline.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I can't believe SuperJail is real

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's not like anybody was using the leg at that point.

Ghouls will be ghouls.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

ghoul dinner

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1772392780771242025

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

OR, you got away with being charged alongside your boyfriend for poo poo you both did? Unless she is referencing different poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Monica Bellucci posted:

OR, you got away with being charged alongside your boyfriend for poo poo you both did? Unless she is referencing different poo poo?

What did they do?

EDIT: oh no

Anne Hathaway bizarrely accused of cannibalism

https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/lifestyle/anne-hathaway-bizarrely-accused-of-cannibalism/news-story/0b778d1783f3fd7b0e5a18a36fae743f