Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I always thought the Darwin award stuff was distasteful, but please use your brain and common sense before you modify your extremely unsafe transportation device to go literally five times faster than it's supposed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Phlegmish posted:

I always thought the Darwin award stuff was distasteful, but please use your brain and common sense before you modify your extremely unsafe transportation device to go literally five times faster than it's supposed to.

It's especially great when you get to the part about how "e-unicycles had been known to shut down while in motion, catapulting the rider off". They probably shouldn't even be able to get to 30 km/h. Even 10 km/h is not a speed I would like to be unexpectedly catapulted off a vehicle at. Seems like these things aren't really designed to be used as a mode of transit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tiggum posted:

It's especially great when you get to the part about how "e-unicycles had been known to shut down while in motion, catapulting the rider off". They probably shouldn't even be able to get to 30 km/h. Even 10 km/h is not a speed I would like to be unexpectedly catapulted off a vehicle at. Seems like these things aren't really designed to be used as a mode of transit.

Stopping suddenly is certainly a danger but when I hear "can do 0 - 126km/h in under 4 seconds" I also have to wonder how fast a unicycle needs to accelerate for the rider to be thrown off right at the start. Modifying your unicycle so it becomes a very expensive banana peel.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

People of his generation just assumed that if you stepped off the beaten path in most parts of the world you'd end up being cooked by natives inside a big boiling cauldron.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey, Biden never said anything about his uncle's plane being eaten by cannibals in New Guinea. :colbert:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Fuckin dipshit old senile racist

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Accusing tribal communities of poor culinary sensibilities is so hosed up.
Check out the Mauri cooking: slow roasting a full man underground to perfection!

E: whoever said the British cooking is tasteless.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_massacre

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Apr 18, 2024

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It explains way too much about Mormons for that to be his real name.

the other main guy was named Bring-em Young.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

uber_stoat posted:

the other main guy was named Bring-em Young.

I’ve always heard it as Breed ’em Young.

He married a thirteen-year-old when he was forty-three.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

freeedr posted:

Fuckin dipshit old senile racist

vs. dipshit old senile racist Hitler Pig

"Biden aides ‘secretly refer to Trump as Hitler Pig’"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/biden-aides-secretly-refer-to-trump-as-hitler-pig/ar-AA1neK4D

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Apr 19, 2024

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1781006804576801089

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

People of his generation just assumed that if you stepped off the beaten path in most parts of the world you'd end up being cooked by natives inside a big boiling cauldron.

Or eaten by tigers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L8p3uiUyU4

The Bonzo Dog Band had a fantastic cover of this decades later.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rent is now so expensive in London that commuting from Argentina is cheaper.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i get the point hes trying to make but theres no way that math works out, if he didnt already have a project going in Argentina and didnt really need to live in London for the time being.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Lobok posted:

i've seen the woodcuts

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Lobok posted:

It's still true in some parts of New Jersey

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wakka wakka posted:

It's still true in some parts of New Jersey

loving pineys

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://x.com/MailOnline/status/1781298822024405085

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Cannibalism to gain magic powers was practiced, so while Biden might be wrong about his uncle, it's not like he is imagining the whole thing.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i think it's saying their standards were higher

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cannibals have good taste, eating only Rockefellers and such.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

to be fair to biden, cannibalism was practised in his lifetime

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

to be fair to biden, cannibalism was practised in his household

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

zedprime posted:

Cannibals have good taste, eating only Rockefellers and such.

Are the tribes still around? If we ever decide to relocate our billionaires I've got a modest proposal...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Carthag Tuek posted:

to be fair to biden, cannibalism was practised in his lifetime

Joe Biden’s date of birth is closer to the Battle of Bull Run than to the present day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Platystemon posted:

Joe Biden’s date of birth is closer to the Battle of Bull Run than to the present day.

yes, comma period.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Are the tribes still around? If we ever decide to relocate our billionaires I've got a modest proposal...

I'm pretty sure there are tribes in PNG that eat deceased people as part of funeral rites. Sometimes they get scary diseases

*edit* the disease is called kuru

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

Some of them, but I think cannibalism with them was more tied to warfare and religion.

I knew someone who worked as a nurse in that area during the eighties, and her stories were amazing. She told me that some of the peoples she had met practiced cannibalism within their lifetime, or at least within living memory, but even back then it was something deeply tied up in ritual and warfare. She said that she was more involved in treating arrow wounds and childbirth than anything like that.

Biden's claims sound more like a family story that you hear as a kid and take for granted, like how my family is sure that they invented the stroopwafel if only they had the paperwork to prove it....

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Be funny if Biden's uncle survived the crash and then faked his own death to escape further military service. "If anybody comes looking for me, tell them I was eaten by cannibals." :ssh:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

maybe the uncle was some sort of Christian heretic and said they ate of his flesh in a transubstantiation way?

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

the top-tier drugs they give biden have the side effect of seeing everyone as a giant cartoon steak, and he assumes everyone else sees it too

also the dog keeps getting into grandpa's pills, so now you know why he keeps biting the secret service goons

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/88888sAccount/status/1781604128306970701

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Facebook Aunt posted:

Be funny if Biden's uncle survived the crash and then faked his own death to escape further military service. "If anybody comes looking for me, tell them I was eaten by cannibals." :ssh:

140 years old deep in the jungle building airports & eating whatever they drop.

writing "im here i wanna go to delaware" on the beach in stone, all the planes turn around

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There probably would have been plenty of tribes in PNG that still ritually practiced things like cannibalism during WWII. Its interior really was very isolated until relatively recently.

The insane part is claiming, for no reason, that your uncle was personally eaten by cannibals when that's not actually the case, and would have been extremely unlikely even if he had been captured by a PNG tribe.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

what about the JPG tribes?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

By popular demand posted:

No one's even sure they existed. All we have are a few artifacts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I've seen a lot of their artefacts.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

wiped out by the webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phlegmish posted:

There probably would have been plenty of tribes in PNG that still ritually practiced things like cannibalism during WWII. Its interior really was very isolated until relatively recently.

I mean it's still one of the most isolated places on earth. The story's obviously bullshit though