Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I mightn't've taken a poo poo in the bathroom sink but you mayn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'm sure you've poo poo in the sink more then I've.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lobok posted:

Well it's a decent replacement for perchance. You can't just say perchance.

I dasen't

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cambodian prime minister bans musical vehicle horns to deter dancing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I'm sure you've poo poo in the sink more then I've.

It's what it's:shrug:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Are they going to ban whistle tips next?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Ninurta posted:

Are they going to ban whistle tips next?

That's like an alarm clock. WOO WOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Somebody call Kevin Bacon

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1770230123096404336

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Every now and then I think about the woman who voted for Trump, and then mere months after his inauguration her law abiding, restaurant owning husband was deported for being undocumented. She said she thought Trump would just deport the criminals but her husband was rushed to Mexico by ICE in order to prevent possible legal proceedings to keep him from being deported.

Looks like there was a follow up a year later where she and the kids moved to Mexico to be with the dad while the town itself basically shrugged its shoulders and moved on.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm going to keep searching but this is a good representation

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Garrand posted:

Every now and then I think about the woman who voted for Trump, and then mere months after his inauguration her law abiding, restaurant owning husband was deported for being undocumented. She said she thought Trump would just deport the criminals but her husband was rushed to Mexico by ICE in order to prevent possible legal proceedings to keep him from being deported.

Looks like there was a follow up a year later where she and the kids moved to Mexico to be with the dad while the town itself basically shrugged its shoulders and moved on.

Does she still mail in her vote for trump ever election?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
VTSU Offers Weird Al Class

quote:

LYNDON, Vt. (WCAX) - One class at Vermont State University is daring to be different by offering a music class dedicated to learning from Weird Al Yankovic.

Weird Al Yankovic is a musician and comedian mostly known for his witty parodies of popular songs. You might have heard his song “Eat It”, a parody of the Michael Jackson hit “Beat It”, or “Smells Like Nirvana,” poking fun at Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit.”
Warwick is hosting the Weird Al Yankovic course this fall. It’s a music industry and business course, inspired by Harvard offering a course on Taylor Swift.

He plans on diving into the Weird Al Universe with an analysis of what makes a good parody, how to pay tribute to another artist, strong lyricism, and even looking at the context of the world when the song was written.

“It just gives us an avenue to start studying the 20th century and pop culture in the 20th century,” said Warwick.

“I’m really excited to look at like the lyrical content and see like he just makes a song I have absolutely anything,” said VTSU Lyndon Senior Alexandra Hayes.

As students in the audio production major and musicians themselves, Haimovich and Hayes say they’re excited to learn about the writing, production, and thought that goes into Weird Al’s work that resonates with so many.

“It’s really impressive to me that he can take these take these big productions that costs so much money to make and, and yeah, make these make these parodies and make them sound like parodies while really keeping the integrity of the song,” said Haimovich.

The class will start in the fall, and you don’t have to be enrolled in VTSU to take it - you can just sign up.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Garrand posted:

Got a link to this? Sounds like some good schadenfreude :allears:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

Got a link to this? Sounds like some good schadenfreude :allears:

Original story:
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/us/undocumented-husband-deported/index.html

Followup:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...en-it-moved-on/

I'd swear it's the genesis for the original face eating leopards tweet.
edit: it's not. Just an amazing example.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Mar 20, 2024

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Finland:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s graphic:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68558464

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sperm whales drop 'bubble of poo' off WA to prevent orca attack in rarely recorded encounter

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

New gang tag?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My favorite contraction is "Shouldn't've"

If it's good enough for Pete Shelley it's good enough for anyone.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1770515888434827579

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You bit it, you bought it :shrug:

e: Oh it was probably a quote from the bitee, not the biter :doh:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Mar 21, 2024

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

quote:

LYNDON, Vt. (WCAX) - One class at Vermont State University is daring to be stupid

:colbert:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Summary :
The article talks about hundreds of thousands of different parts to keep track of, many of which need different states to also be tracked.
Excel can keep track of this amount of variables but the potential for errors becomes of course, more likely the bigger the workbook is.

It seems to me the F1 racing industry should work together on a unified dedicated software base.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

Summary :
The article talks about hundreds of thousands of different parts to keep track of, many of which need different states to also be tracked.
Excel can keep track of this amount of variables but the potential for errors becomes of course, more likely the bigger the workbook is.

It seems to me the F1 racing industry should work together on a unified dedicated software base.

Seriouspost: All "software"* is dogshit. Literally literally anything they choose over Excel is going to be much much worse, cost around 40 000 times as much, and be a loving nightmare to use. That's why everyone uses Excel and only imports/exports data to their ERP or whatever at the last/first possible moment so that most of the processing is done in Excel which a) is responsive b) works 3) can be made to do whatever you want to data and show it in exactly the way you want it to, and documentation to do so can be found extremely easily c) was designed to work in Windows in a way that won't be described as every user as "insane".

*) As opposed to programs. Software is coded by coders in lovely clown languages like C(´・ω・`), "poo poo", "Mamba", and "Emerald Getting Railed". Programs are written by programmers in real languages like COBOL or BASIC.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Nah, for any real serious database work it gotta be done in tables in powerpoint.

Or possibly screenshots of tables.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You alright there 3D Megadoodoo? Your rage made me suddenly reminded why I ran away from software engineering university.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’m too stupid to computer

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

You alright there 3D Megadoodoo? Your rage made me suddenly reminded why I ran away from software engineering university.

My what now?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sounds like a job for Visual Foxpro

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:siren:MAN DRESSED IN GNOME-LIKE BEANIE FOUND:siren:

(Tonttu isn't exactly a gnome, or elf. It's this:)

(...but also this:)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Other hard hitting news to follow: 'It sure is cold this time of year', 'Did you know being a parent is hard?' and 'Wife left me because I'm apparently terminally boring'

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
That top pic is basically LifeGoals.jpg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

After The War posted:

That top pic is basically LifeGoals.jpg

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FreudianSlippers posted:

My favorite contraction is "Shouldn't've"

If it's good enough for Pete Shelley it's good enough for anyone.

Buster scruggs had "hadn't've ought've" and I thought that was funny

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriouspost: All "software"* is dogshit. Literally literally anything they choose over Excel is going to be much much worse, cost around 40 000 times as much, and be a loving nightmare to use. That's why everyone uses Excel and only imports/exports data to their ERP or whatever at the last/first possible moment so that most of the processing is done in Excel which a) is responsive b) works 3) can be made to do whatever you want to data and show it in exactly the way you want it to, and documentation to do so can be found extremely easily c) was designed to work in Windows in a way that won't be described as every user as "insane".

*) As opposed to programs. Software is coded by coders in lovely clown languages like C(´・ω・`), "poo poo", "Mamba", and "Emerald Getting Railed". Programs are written by programmers in real languages like COBOL or BASIC.

that's some genuine sysadmin level posting here

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Looks like YOSPOSting to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rude.