Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Powaqoatse posted:

i hope your cousin burned them (except one he can sell to richard spencer but it has a bomb in it)

I wouldn't. My nephew's GI Joes need bad guys to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Powaqoatse posted:

Man, just throw out a current event & talk about that.

Or a movie/tv show/band, or a book you read, or A Thing You Did Recently or a crazy "what if" scenario, or idk the merits of Pascal's wager or whateverthefuck

You're welcome :tipshat:

Not everyone develops enui if nobody speaks for fifteen seconds.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Croccers posted:

I was curious on the full comic and here it is
http://www.zootopianewsnetwork.com/2017/06/i-will-survive-by-borba-full-comic.html
The original old comments before meme are gold :allears: The reviews of the comic and all that are great.

I love all the people getting caremad at people who call the comic bad. They get all "why are you unwilling to grapple with this brilliant work's depths" like the only reason to dislike it is stance on abortion. No dumbass, the writing is poo poo.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

Seems pretty of arseholish to me. Like they're trying to say "hey, we're fun, we're having a laugh, no hard feelings right? We're still 100% deadly serious about this though, you definitely need to stop using those words that we own. But, like, in a fun way."

So what's your point? Are you, like, against trademarks as a legal concept?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:smithfrog:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:same:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BattleMaster posted:

That's not the angle in the news articles I've read though.

edit: like obviously I'm not the only internet person to think that but I haven't seen anyone in the news worried about that possibility

I'm sure there's a reason, like he doesn't work with infectious agents, but I haven't seen anyone say he doesn't

The CDC does a ton of work that doesn't involve loving with contagions in a lab, like planning and coordinating responses to outbreaks, putting together training material, and analyzing data gathered during outbreaks. It's not reasonable to assume, absent info to the contrary, that he had any contact with dangerous pathogens.

That's the kind of thing journalists would include if it were the case because it makes for a better story.

Them not specifying he didn't work with viruses most likely means they were assuming the reader knows what the CDC actually does.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 14:43 on Feb 24, 2018

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phlegmish posted:

Is he really that much of a victim in the book? I myself am horribly misshapen and shunned by the townsfolk, but I don't go around killing children.

It's a different story when you look at his depiction in pop culture though, yeah.

The whole point is that he starts out a blank slate and no one bothers to teach him how to be. You presumably had parents and friends and such. Literally everyone he trusts turns on him. His first experience is his own creator turning away in horror.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Volcott posted:

Watch trump start a loving spacy.

I made a joke about this to a friend of mine, and he replied "I'm imagining Trump discovering emotions as someone kisses in front of him." Now I can't stop imagining that and I kind of want to die.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

fizzymercy posted:

Nonono. That's straight up nightmare fuel for everyone else, right? ...

No?????

quote:

I have some severe automatonophobia that I literally had to have therapy for....

:psyduck:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

It's what I always say: in saner times Hitler would have been institutionalised, he was just the wrong fuckup at the wrong hosed up country in the wrong loving time.

Then he, a failed chicken farmer with a club foot, an unpublished writer, and a fat opium addict teamed up and destroyed Europe.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I was referring to both Jersey and Alabama having a reputation for assholes, sorry if that didn't make sense.

That still doesn't make sense. Alabama is on the Gulf Coast, in the eastern part of the country. There's no West Coast involved.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rysithusiku posted:

Actually, astronauts can't get it up because in low-g the male body is incapable of sustaining the blood pressure required for a :dong:
No special sauce for the astronauts!
For as long as they're there. Months.

Source please. I've googled it and found speculation, but no actual evidence or source for the claim, only weird clickbait articles with disclaimers like "NASA hasn't confirmed."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Krankenstyle posted:

oaths are creepy and weird ...

I think this part is mostly on you.

Agree with the rest.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Krankenstyle posted:

yea i can say the words too, its the idea of it man

otherwise if you dont care, i want you to sing the first two verses of Deutscland über alles or something

Why yes, swearing an oath to the United States is exactly like swearing one to the Third Reich. :pwn:

If you know this is your hangup I'd have thought you wouldn't try to pretend it's rational or normal.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

syscall girl posted:

A friend of mine who hasn't yet turned on OSC linked me this insane short story about a guy who gets off on chasing women on the highways of Utah (go figure) until they panic and crash and burn and then lets his little mormons explore the magic underpants until he meets his match in a woman who is doing the exact same thing.

I respect that he is twizted as gently caress. His kid lit. made me the man I am today 2 4 8 16 32 64 shower rape

This but Heinlein novels with characters who have sex with their starships or found hippy communes where everyone has orgies and telekinetic powers.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A significant amount of Heinlein brainspace seems to have been dedicated to justify his protagonists hooking up with children and/or relatives. 100% of this stories with time travel have this, and he wrote quite a few.

He basically made a hobby of creating seemingly obvious self insertion characters who were overlapping yet also mutually exclusive varieties of insane.

My first exposure was his fairly reasonable older stuff like Tunnel in the Sky and Citizen of the Galaxy. Then I found Starship Troopers, then Time Enough for Love. Basically imagine a thirteen year old laying in a hammock making the :pwn: face for days at a time. That summer owned.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

Did you even read the page you linked? Because I did, and it doesn't say what you think it says.

whooooo caaaaares

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

“If my heart rate gets too low, I take a nap.”

For context, this comment is about taking benzos, "especially if I've been drinking." :shepface:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm an alcoholic but not a nihilist. :shrug:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GWBBQ posted:

Agreed. Established and newly cultured yeast strains for brewing are really picky about ideal conditions, and wild yeast/bacteria can gently caress up a batch easily. If the models were even involved rather than this being a publicity stunt, some creep used it as an excuse to molest underwear models and claim it was for science.

You know people still make lambics and such, right?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

il_cornuto posted:

What, you think McDonald's would turn down free labour?

I'd be tempted to accept the trade just to get the baby away from the crazy baby seller while I call police.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SpacePig posted:

What a callous person to briefly consider not taking a baby from a stranger in exchange for goods or services. What a dumb to maybe consider other avenues.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sir Lemming posted:

This must be that same guy who licked the salt planet in Star Wars TLJ

I suppose there's nothing truly wrong with Snopes debunking headlines from satire sites, but they should really just say "no it's a satire site you dummy" and move on instead of writing this whole big article about it.

They seem to pick out satire headlines that make the rounds on social media as if they were real.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Splicer posted:

It just occurred to me that there's no way these kids were old enough to remember 9 11, if they were even born yet. They have 0 emotional connection to this moment of silence and it's hilarious that anyone would think they would.

The moment of silence was never about 9/11. It was a way to allocate time for prayer in public schools. The concept started being pushed in the 80s.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

syscall girl posted:

Yeah his gf is so dumb she's still in middle school at 14 :dance:

Kids turn 14 during 8th grade, the second year of middle school.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Terrible Opinions posted:

8th grade is the third year of middle school. If it's 7-9 it's called a junior high school. A middle school is 6-8.

I went to a school with a big sign that says "middle school" out front. The sign is still there. I drove by it yesterday. The school was and still is 7th and 8th grades. Apparently the terminology is regional.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Extreme Witchcraft could be a feminist black metal album.

Ok, I need this in my life.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phlegmish posted:

Aside from the sexual assault thing Brett Kavanaugh sounds cool as hell if these stories are true

:chloe:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

From a different article:

"China has said the missing president of Interpol is under investigation for unspecified violations of Chinese law...The announcement came on Sunday shortly after the wife of Meng Hongwei said her husband sent her an image of a knife before he disappeared during a trip to their native China."

It's loving weird.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Kins posted:

But is the extra profit worth more than the money lost from having your store smell even more like stale piss and broken dreams than most gas stations? Details to ponder, sleep on, and perhaps write a paper about.

The fees would pay for a special ventilation system.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I grilled steaks drunk and shirtless in the rain at 1am once.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

.... and? They're still insanely popular.

Popular, therefore good???

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Juliet Whisky posted:

-- Why would you taser someone for doing this instead of just shouting at them like a normal person?

Police are trained to work their way up the scale of force step by step until they get their way. If barking orders doesn't work, the taser comes out. It also comes out if you piss the cop off, or if he got a new taser and hasn't gotten to use it yet.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

By popular demand posted:

Not checking but I would be extremely surprised if DiaperNazis aren't a thing.

(something something Shmorkey's girlfriend)

quote:

Alt-Right Furries Are Raging Online, And Leftist Furries Wonder What Is To Be Done

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5aba4741e4b054d118e70e7d/amp

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That article linked me to this one: Report: Gay bears ‘enjoy oral sex’

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

No poo poo.

That’s the joke.

It was an exceptionally inept joke.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

Those men don’t even look that much alike.

Not when they're right next to each other, but when you only see a man for a second or two and you'd never seen him before in your life they're plenty close enough for whichever you see in the lineup to just sidle into your memory banks so you think it's who you saw. Brains are weird.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Lone Badger posted:

I could only hear the 'fuckin' one at first, but once I read the another version I can choose to hear whichever I want.

I can only hear the correct version and I have no earthly idea how anyone could hear 'fuckin' in that clip. It's not even the right number if syllables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Former DILF posted:

i think smart casual is just a clever way to say "no black people" if you want it to be, otherwise its just a license for your doorman to harass anyone he feels like

In my experience even when it's not racist or fly by the seat of your pants capricious it's one of those things where even if you can find a group of people who agree it exists and agree that there's a single, standard definition they all disagree on what that definition actually is.