Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's weird how this headline seems like big news until you see who it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Today is a day to put out apparently

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

is nandos basically the U.K. Version of KFC? Popeyes? What are we talking about here

Nando's is grilled, Portugese peri peri chicken

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I saw a documentary about this company, they ruin people's lives. Glad to hear they got arrested

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing the Night Wolves are that biker gang Putin used to be seen with.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

But a wine glass, though? Surely there's other non-drinkers in political circles, and surely they don't, like, sip water from a wine glass.

They're better for toasting and they clink nicely against other glasses

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Is it not commentary on how Neil treated her?

Yeah I read it as she was callously tossed aside by Neil.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jobson groeth posted:

You can't talk about him without posting his first viral stupidity. Like that lady with the nephew ARMY who died three times to tunnels on the USA / Mexico border this was very funny until you realised it wasn't a joke.

That activated alomnds article was about 6 years ago, I wonder what Pete is eating the days? Pseudoscience moves pretty quickly so his diet is probably even weirder now

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

What compels that screaming? Like I’ve never felt a need to respond to a celebrity being in my vicinity by just screaming at the top of my lungs.

I heard an interview with someone who researched fandom in young girls, and her basic point was that girls at that age are just starting to take an interest in (usually) boys, and a certain kind of non threatening male provides a kind of risk free first relationship for them. They latch on super hard because in a way it's their first love and they aren't used to the new emotions and don't know how to express them

I believe this is the documentary she made
https://www.madmanfilms.com.au/i-used-to-be-normal-a-boyband-fangirl-story/

*edit*
Also parasocial relationships with youtube celebrities are really easy to form because they're generally looking and talking right at you personally and they have many hours of content

EoinCannon has a new favorite as of 07:30 on Jan 29, 2019

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

I really wish this had been made before that bit in Buster Scruggs where the boy being hanged gave the girl in the audience that certain look

So non-threatening with that hemp necklace and the yuge death boner

I have no idea what that means
I have Buster Scruggs on my list, will definitely have to find time to watch it now

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nockturne posted:

That's a common brush tail possum or a small pastry isn't it?

It's David Mitchell

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... does anyone actually really care for birdsong?

Genuinely curious. I don't want birds to go away, but if birdsong disappeared.... meh.

I really like the sound of it and would miss it if it wasn't there

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
9 years is a pretty long plank

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Any time pandas or koalas come up everyone goes all eugenics. It's disturbing

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

Ah so she's Lady Trump!

But way less funny

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Israel is an Australian magpie.

No magpie slander, they're beautiful birds

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

In the sense of car as small penis compensation

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There's a cricketer who represented Australia and coached the national team nicknamed "boof".
I think it was because he had a big head with homely features

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like ye olde Havana syndrome

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, maybe it's not so weird as I thought on initial read, but I do think it would introduce an odd dynamic in the relationships between each of the four people involved. I hope things work out for them, it's just always gonna be a bit different than going with an unrelated surrogate.

In Australia IVF legally comes with a bunch of counseling for everyone involved before any procedures take place, obviously some problems can still happen but hopefully everyone involved at least knows what the issues are likely to be
At least in Victoria, not sure about the other states

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Four kids now dead from that :(

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

This had better set a more far-reaching precedent.

Everyone telling musk to gently caress off would be good

It would also be good if insults and swearing became the language of international diplomacy.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Makes sense, going for a run always gets things moving due to the bouncing, vibration should work even better

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

"Police! Everybody put their hands u-- yeah, exactly! Just like that. Ok now get down on the gr-- wow, yes, thank you. You guys are just like, the best perps I've ever busted."

Hehe
Nobody do down dog

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I dunno. I remember a year about 115,000 years ago that I reckon was hotter

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Why does that photo of Ukraine's top general look so much like an Unreal Tournament texture?

Wide face, unusually symmetrical

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pookah posted:

That is the most performative, show-offy ash wedneday ash I have ever seen.

I always got an indistinct smudge, wish I was as holy as Marky Mark

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maybe the son was worried he was shooting blanks so he thought he'd do a bit of load doping with his virile dad

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know someone who was at that bush doof. She said it was loving hot and lots of people got gastro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Are the tribes still around? If we ever decide to relocate our billionaires I've got a modest proposal...

I'm pretty sure there are tribes in PNG that eat deceased people as part of funeral rites. Sometimes they get scary diseases

*edit* the disease is called kuru