Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Same though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

cock hero flux posted:

i'm not saying that we should kill all the pandas and koalas, but I am saying that there are not many species out there that are as committed to becoming extinct and maybe it's for the best if we just let it happen instead of making a herculean effort to sustain the existence of a species that has forgotten how to both eat and gently caress

People really latched on to the idea that pandas don't reproduce much, but that was discredited years ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_panda#Reproduction

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Platystemon posted:

Wild avocado:

Teosinte, the ancestor of maize (or, in American metonymy, “corn”, shortened from “Indian corn”):

These are intentional selections. A more interesting mechanism is Vavilovian mimicry.

Rye and oats were once weeds in fields of wheat. Wherever farmers found them, they removed them, plants and seeds. Rye/oats that looked and acted more like wheat were more likely to escape notice and removal.

In becoming difficult to distinguish from wheat, they evolved traits like big kernels that made them good crops in their own right.

That's really interesting, but now you've condemned me to a Wikipedia deep dive.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair fact checking in the west has also become a joke where it’s now functionally no different than an opinion piece

:smug: Well actually everything sucks. :smug:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Phlegmish posted:

Ah sounds like they're having an easier time of it than Western Australia this year

e: the latter probably have hyper-aggressive birds (that are on fire) flying around while dropping huge venomous spiders on them

I read that as people sitting in trees dropping spiders on flaming birds.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Right, that's what you call people from Cumstantinople.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Dewgy posted:

Yeah, a potatoe.

:rimshot:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

:perfect:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Didn't Neanderthals have red hair, by the way?

Undoubtedly some did and some didn't. Given how rare it is in humans, it doesn't seem likely that most of them would have.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

The MSJ posted:

Is it people? Does the butter contain people now? Wait, hard truth? Oh my god, the butter is semen?!

Hardened semen is a serious medical problem. Consult your doctor.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Give me back my lunch!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
NHL supports Bear after racist comments

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

CharlestheHammer posted:

Clockwork Orange didn’t make up words, they just used local slang.

CharlestheHammer posted:

So real slang yes

CharlestheHammer posted:

Means he did not make it up.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The original point was they were words he made up. Which they weren’t they were all real slang people used.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Fair enough. But there were plenty of real words so just because they sounded weird doesn’t make them made up

This is some amazingly fast goalpost moving.

It's such a strange topic to do it on too.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
An endless loop of Snake and Samus looking at each other's butts.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Actually that's maybe the US healthcare system's one success

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'll give you five bucks if you touch it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

In case anyone missed the relevant part, Bezos isn't paying for the dismantle. That's on the taxpayers. For the benefit of "job creation" aka Benzos high sees fleet cruiser.

That's not what the article says:

quote:

“It’s the only route to the sea,” a spokesperson for the mayor of Rotterdam told AFP, adding that the Amazon owner would foot the bill for the operation.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

gleebster posted:

Known to whom? I think a quick series of people-in-the-street interviews would explode any notion that this is a widely-known number.

You mean you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the lethal dose of various common chemicals?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Cartoon Man posted:

Didn’t Elon hire a CEO and step away?

If he did it didn't last long, since he's been announcing the changes himself (at least as far as I understand, I can't see tweets unless someone posts screenshots anymore).

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

His campaign manager is Dennis Kucinich? There’s a guy I haven’t heard of in a long time.

Same. That's a pretty depressing low for him to have sunk.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

I'm very curious at the logic behind killing a sheep because a person has sex with an ox.

quote:

199. If anyone have intercourse with a pig or a dog, he shall die. If a man have intercourse with a horse or a mule, there is no punishment. But he shall not approach the king, and shall not become a priest. If an ox spring upon a man for intercourse, the ox shall die but the man shall not die. One sheep shall be fetched as a substitute for the man, and they shall kill it. If a pig spring upon a man for intercourse, there is no punishment. If any man have intercourse with a foreign woman and pick up this one, now that one, there is no punishment.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Antigravitas posted:

You are required to keep your guns in a gun safe in Germany and I think that's a very sensible requirement.

But what will you do when the World Government uses stolen alien technology to prevent you from unlocking your safe when the black helicopters arrive from FEMA???

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Well yeah, why were the kids trying to play soccer with his helicopter? That'd be dangerous!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Man, Peyton Manning really let himself go.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Freemason Rush Week posted:

For those who are curious like I was, both "doubt avoidance" and "disliking bias" are cognitive biases made up by some rich prick who knows absolutely nothing about psychology.

I dislike bias personally.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

zedprime posted:

Are you sure you're not avoiding doubt by making an ill decision to dislike bias?

:psyboom:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Twerk will set you free

Oh my god

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Baron von Eevl posted:

They sold their weapons business nearly 30 years ago.

lol

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I would have assumed bush doof is an insult for Australian rural people, but apparently it's an event?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Somebody call Kevin Bacon

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Yeah, Finland

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anne Hathamouth eat the leggs!

:mad:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

rodbeard posted:

You're telling me the substantiation of Christ is trans?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Kevin Harlan is a treasure.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FreudianSlippers posted:

In Mormonism God lives in outer space near the star and/planet Kolob.

In death all good Mormon men will become Gods of their own planets because even God was once a mortal on some far off planet but ascended to Godhood to create our world.

Which is to say that in Mormonism God is an alien and the goal of all Mormons is to become Gods on alien worlds.

Sounds dope as hell ngl

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
The first time he's ever been relatable.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Paper Tiger posted:

Zebras aren't spotted, they're striped! :argh:

:golfclap:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I love that photo.

"I DID WHAT???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

The General posted:

I don't see the difference between 100 tabs, and 1000 bookmarks. You're still wading through a sea of poo poo looking for whatever it is you're looking for.

You can organize bookmarks so you can find things