Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TOILETLORD posted:

I don't think anyone cares now, no one reads newspapers.

I think it's intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

No, not really. With living languages, if there's a word you need but don't have, you can either make something up or borrow a term from somewhere else. Constructed languages can't evolve or change like that simply because nobody speaks them.

You just typed this on a board with keys.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

In a science/astronomy video I saw a while ago it was mentioned that the earth and moon could be argued to be orbiting each other, so technically not incorrect I guess?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Bodies are usually only said to orbit eachother if the barycenter is above the surface of the larger body. The Moon does cause Earth to wobble a bit (which we mainly notice as ocean tides) but the barycenter is still within Earth's radius.

Pluto and Charon orbit each other though, and in fact the Sun and Jupiter does too.

Cool, learned something new today. :science:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why did this couple allow this person into their house and around their children. Why would that even occur to them as a thing they would do. I'm confused and unhappy about this

Apparently it's a sex thing. Yeah, I don't know either, and I don't want to know.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

How do you even fit that in the fridge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYEKXE-4d0

e:

Follow-up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAZ5esOBZw

Taeke has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Dec 24, 2015

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Some people just look really young, you know, and you wouldn't want to be rude to a doctor.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

Whats the deal with people using their butt as a transport option lately?

Police find 110 bags of heroin in man's buttocks

City police said they found 110 bags of heroin in a man’s buttocks after a drug arrest Thursday afternoon.

City police arrested Corey Davis, 32, Carbondale, and Jason Kohut, 44, 605 Back St., Scranton, about 12:50 p.m. during a controlled heroin buy in the 300 block of Vine Street.

Mr. Davis is charged with possession with intent to deliver heroin and related drug offenses, and Mr. Kohut with criminal conspiracy and other charges. Bail and preliminary hearing information was unavailable Thursday night.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/police-find-110-bags-of-heroin-in-man-s-buttocks-1.2097984

I mean, the sheer number is pretty noteworthy, but other than that the practice has been going on since forever. Have you never heard about this poo poo (heh) being a problem at airports or prisons? It's nothing new.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Poor little Mitch McConnells

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Not a single one of those cases have ever held up to half a second's scrutiny

I seem to recall reading about legitimate cases where someone woke up with a speech impediment that would kinda maybe sound like an accent to a lay person but that would be the result of like trauma to speech centres of the brain, but yeah, that's not the same thing.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

lmao I remember when that was in the news because a lot of the people they targeted turned out to be well off (semi)famous non-white athletes and musicians and stuff who rightfully raised a big stink about it

like pro footballers playing for the big clubs getting pulled over for no other reason than driving an expensive car while being a POC

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What happened to that guy who walked across England in a straight line?

Did a couple more or those, does a lot of geoguessr videos and is currently releasing a series of him and his mate hitchhiking through the US.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Didn't matter if he'd had choked to death or not, he'd be stiff before the night was done anyway.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

8 year old me thought it was hilarious the US had a president Bill Clinton because bil mean butt in Dutch

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Splicer posted:

...define "alternative"

Doesn't provide shade or cooler temperatures that the undeserving would take comfort in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I remember getting a laugh out of that artist that literally did a big but unpainted canvas and called it "take the money and run" or something. Something along the lines of 80k?