Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Speaking of placeholders!

(context, if needed: the Australian government had bought a bunch of poo poo-tastic jets for way too much money)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
The NT News from Australia has been posted here a couple times ('Why I Stuck A Cracker Up My Clacker' is the famous one, but Auspol's emote :itwaspoo: was them too), but this happened.

It turns out that not only is their entire Twitter feed like that, but they sell memorabilia of their headlines, including a book.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

The Kins posted:

Found in another thread:

I'm seeing a slight problem with this man's logic.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

NotAnArtist posted:

Any chance that says something other than what it looks like?

No, it says what you think it says. They got stupid and lazy when looking for images.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

His foreign affairs record isn't great, but with such a high approval rating among his constituency, and really solid infrastructure even in places as harsh as World 8, there's certainly far worse people to align yourself with.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

QuelleFuck posted:

To make up for the naming-conventions derail, here's something I saw in the funny pictures thread that's appropriate here:

Well, I guess a lot of people do play 3.5 edition Bards.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Amphigory posted:

Say what you want about old Rupert, but he always backs a winner...

Edit - and by winner, I hope I mean the Tories don't get enough for a majority

At least in Australia, that's because he picks the winner. He blatantly propagandizes whichever party benefits his holdings the most, and since he owns most of the papers and the subscription TV model he'll influence a fuckton of the outcome.

Sometimes the poo poo he'll get away with as a 'news outlet' is funny in how flagrant it is.

Yeah, that certainly looks like an impartial analysis of the political situation.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Can someone crunch the numbers on how much of her week this probably took her? Because it has to be 'most of it'.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

So this guy just wants a Top Gear headed by James May instead of Jeremy Clarkson, then?

I could get behind that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is there a joke behind "Grauniad" or is this the British newspaper equivalent of a Rivals.com pun?

The Guardian used to have really poo poo quality control back when it started. It probably never accidentally called itself The Grauniad, but it was definitely the sort of mistake they would've made.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Croccers posted:

It's pretty much the NT News's thing, just google up NT News covers.

The NT News is ridiculously self-aware, they actually sell a coffee table book of their best headlines.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Not an exceptionally weird headline, but one of those moments where you get a brief, absurd-sounding window into normal bureaucratic process.

24 Years After Release, GoldenEye N64 Is No Longer Banned In Germany

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

He retweeted someone else's reposting of the video minutes after being censured.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

This is great to hear after the fact, but what's getting me is imagining how someone in that club would feel to look over and see the prime minister.

Or even better, the inevitable moment where some guy's hitting on her without recognizing her, and either gets the most insane answer to 'so what do you do' or, later, the equally insane answer to a friend asking him 'do you know who that is'.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

The more giant Gundam statues they make, the closer we get to when they run out of the obvious choices and we get a Shining Gundam or Turn-A Gundam.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
It's FFVII hentai, for clarification. Because I know that was my first question.

VII was the least interesting answer, though, that tells us basically nothing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
https://twitter.com/PeterCronau/status/1483973696595574784?t=CQZvHOghKwEv0Y5g6Io3Mw&s=19

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

I feel like at least one of these people is only in it because they think it's funny, I'm just not sure which one.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Why is South Korea's election day coverage like this, and more importantly, how can we get every other country to follow suit?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm as tired of people talking about The Slap as anyone, but I can recognize the work of someone who's also tired of it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Blue Moonlight posted:

If her classmates all had javelins to protect each other this would never have happened.

Isn't it pretty rare that exactly one person has a javelin in any given space though?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

I appreciate the name for this, because the tone of voice I used when reading the name is also a perfect review of the idea.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1621578680735506433?t=oWP6Ykdz1JTKUcRxvMnvYA&s=19

Good news, everyone, the best Yakuza game is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

The weirdest part isn't the casket, it's that she had the casket in her house for years.

That's weird, right? Not just me?