Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

I guess this is still better than "Man attacks wife with pregnant McChicken sandwich"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

They mean Australian Shepherd dogs

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Useless posted:

"Main makes Magrill moist"?

mcgeemakesmoistmuslimsmarrymultiplemen.png was always going to be a filename that ended in trouble.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Volcott posted:

Bum Drillington reporting for duty.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

:australia:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Reign Of Pain posted:

What was the name of the bar that this happened in?

Lol, bar. Like a pig would get let into a bar in Australia. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-09/beer-swilling-swine/4946072

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

QuelleFuck posted:

Like kids now referring to kids in their class as, say, Sara S. and Sarah L.

Sara and Sarah are pronounced differently though, why not just call them by their names.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

NT News is cheating at this game.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

flosofl posted:

In the US they're pronounced identically. Maybe it's different in Bitey-Stingie-Poison-Deathland Australia.

Sara -> Sa ra

Sarah -> Sair rah

Weirdos

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well what the hell do you do if you want to call someone sirrah??

Tell them to change their name.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Kilo147 posted:

I knew a Charlie Brown. Before he worked at the Paramount he worked at the W hotel as a front desk clerk. Kid came up to him, probably the hundredth to do so, and asked him how snoopy was. He told the kid Snoopy had to be put down years ago. Apparently the kid didn't stop crying til they made it to their hotel room. Charlie, actually Bruce Charles Brown died a few years back. I still tell that damned story whenever I can. Man, I miss him.

Oh, at the same job, there's a volunteer, Richard Head.

Was it a requirement on that job to have a terrible name?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

flosofl posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd be murdered in my sleep if I pulled something like that.

That's not true. You'd be awake when it happens.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Karma Monkey posted:

I honestly didn't realize he was still performing or even recording music for that matter. The wording of the article makes it sound like the guy just said something really bland and the 2 fans went apeshit.

:dance: :dance: WE LOVE KID ROCK!
:geno: Yea, I'm not a fan.
:supaburn: :supaburn: YOU MUST DIE!

you are not alone in this thought.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
replace boxers with nothing

I have my A game

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

genetic_knockout posted:

"Ex-KKK member told he can't use hatred of Jews as murder defense"

He should have said he thought he was gay and used the gay panic defense which is still in place in parts of Australia.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Haha, I had a mate who said he'd come sheer it but they needed someone to get there faster than couple of days. Being that sheeplike is a bit too much even for sheep and they can die.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

theflyingorc posted:

what is a spill in this context

In Australia you don't vote for your PM, you vote for a representative in your area. The party that is able to get enough seats to hold the votes is the one that forms government. Quite often this involves dealing with 3rd parties (or cross benchers). The party that forms government elects a leader internally who becomes PM.

Internal machinations of late have meant that we're now on our 5th prime minister in 5 years. Kevin Rudd was well liked by the people but loathed internally, Julia Gillard was slaughtered in the press because Rupert Murdoch has a boner for right wing men rather than capable women and so she got replaced before an election with Kevin Rudd again but too late.

Then we got the onion eater (Tony Abbott, look it up. Raw onion, skin and all) who, will not loving a dead pig yet, managed to let his own hard right ideology get in the way of looking like an idiot 24 / 7. For 2 years he promised great things and spectacularly managed to choose the thing that most Australians find abhorrent, daft, pointless, damaging or all of the above. Abbott survived one spill 6 odd months ago ~60/40 to literally no one. 40 people in his own team would rather have had no one in charge (not quite how it works but still) than have him.

After making himself look worse at every step the hard right in the party decided they'd make the socially liberal, fiscally conservative guy eat a bunch of crow on everything he stood for and most of what the people liked him for they knifed the onion eater and put Turnbull in charge.

tl:dr The spill in this case is when there is a contest for leadership in the party that controls the government at that point in time, which happens to get us a new prime minister fairly frequently these days.

ninja edit: That smarmy grin for an avatar some kind soul bought me is our current pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Screaming Idiot posted:

This reads like something out of the Ankh-Morpork Times.

This is probably stretching the topic a bit but everyone needs to see it