Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Good thread OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm more weirded out by the 7-year-olds praising God's glory.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

People think of the United States as an advanced Western country, so they go :eyepop: when it turns out quite a few Americans believe Dungeons & Dragons is satanic or that God created the Earth 6,000 years ago. It's massive culture shock for a non-American Westerner.

Enough of this derail, however.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

As long as Diane Walker's on my side.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's some solid advice, thanks.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Radio Paranoia posted:

There's an apartheid-era assassin on trial at the moment with the unfortunate surname of De Kock. I can't tell if the media is having a field day with the headlines or if it's honest-to-goodness obliviousness - also, I am 12. I doesn't help that one of South Africa's cricket players shares the surname. See if you can guess who's being referenced in these headlines.

De Kock emerges from 'dark spaces'

Calls for probe into De Kock's whereabouts

Where in the world is De Kock - reports

De Kock is fine - lawyer

Amla: De Kock will come good

De Kock treated like a king in prison - inmates

Ministry stays mum on De Kock

And finally:

De Kock a valuable SA asset

It's presumably a common surname in South Africa, so I'm not sure most of them did it on purpose.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We all float down here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, an 'accident'. Now we know how Aldi keeps its prices so low.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'd pay for this.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The poos are too massive to be from a woman?

Wow, nice sexism. As if a woman couldn't take a giant dump.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I take it that Kid Rock fans are similar to Juggalos.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She is also the author of other hit pieces such as How to Make Your Vagina Smell as Amazing as His Balls.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Maybe that guy actually is a pedophile as well. Better safe than sorry.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Worth reading.

This girl has a bright political future if she moves to the United States.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's just Fallout: New Vegas cosplay.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The damage to the walls was 2s 6d? Is this some sort of weird British currency? For a brief moment I thought it was a D&D reference.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't understand why they're complaining. If I understand correctly, they got federal money for every call.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I don't think that BBC wrote the headline; if so, it would be something like "Texas 'university' students in 'dildo' protest over 'gun' law". Never before has a news organization been so in love with quotation marks.

And there would have been a pun in there.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah this one was really annoying cause most of the original news articles make her out to be some sort of evil child hating witch who just wants money when in reality she's on good terms with the kid and her family still and it was a legal necessity for her to name him in order to try to cover her bills. And yet she still didn't get it and now she's known nationwide as a bitch because the media decided it was an easy story to distort for clicks.

The ridiculous part is that anyone in a developed country would have to sue their own nephew over medical bills, regardless of the logic behind it. I thought you guys now had Obamacare or whatever.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Poltergeist IV looking good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

William Davis is scaring me.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

quote:

Regardless of the question that it is asked, any conversation usually leads back to Pepper, and its rivalry with the iPhone.

Just let it go, Pepper. You're better than that vapid whore.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stefonknee :ughh:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If my parents decided it would be a good idea to adopt a 57-year-old mentally ill person named Stefonknee pretending to be a small girl for sex reasons I would not let my children near them. I guess they can't afford daycare or something, but goddamn.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mid-30's is practically millennial, you might be balding but that's not what people mean when they talk about middle-aged people on social media.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Or maybe this one:

Anti-environmentalism bordering on racism

What the gently caress

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't believe that even made economic sense.

There were enough people going, you know I like human prostitutes, but what I'd really love is a fat shaved orangutan.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's how I paid for college.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hahaha

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Very wealthy, but also a higher than average risk of being challenged to a rap battle. In conclusion, it is a city of contrasts.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That is really lazy even if your employer is just a local news network or whatever.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I hope they go ahead and do it.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Mar 20, 2016

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Here's a strange editorial I just found, about parrots and from an 1877 issue of the New York Times. This guy is really mad about parrots. And parrot schools. And barbers. And Mr. W. B. Cooper.

http://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1877/09/29/80663314.html?pageNumber=4
originally published Sept. 29, 1877

That's amazing, reads like an SA frontpage article. Some people back then had a good sense of humor.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The nerd is getting ready to pounce

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now they say we can't eat uranium :rolleyes: loving nanny state

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Centripetal Horse posted:

It's getting to the point where I can recognize Danger 5 screen shots, even though I've never seen the show.

I feel like there are not many shows with this premise.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

quote:

Ben Hebert, an Olympic medalling curler, says it changed the game too much.

“Your best shooters are your best shooters, not your best sweeper make everyone awesome,” said Hebert.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was so sure this was going to be in the US

You too, Canada?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'd believe those fucken polls. More than a few people I've talked to are completely convinced ghosts are real.

The frustrating thing is their "evidence" is so flimsy it's laughable. It's not like they're full on "I talked to a ghost and it told me about things from my future, and they came true!" It's always "I was half asleep in bed and I think it was sort of dark in the corner of my room, therefore ghosts are 100% real." Like, it's dumb enough you're even putting stock in the concept of ghosts, but even then your evidence is a loving shadow? At night? WHILE YOU WERE HALF ASLEEP?!?

Man, I was at 7-11, and this guy coughed weird and it sort of sounded like a growl, therefore he must've actually been Bigfoot. Yep, samskwatches are real now guys. They really like Big Bite Hotdogs and grape Slurpees.

Kids have overactive imaginations, some people never grow out of it. You almost want to be jealous of them.

Knormal posted:

Whatever language that is sure has a lot of butt letters in it.

Pretty sure it's from India, though I don't know which language it is.

e: it's Kannada.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Proof that arachnophobia is stronger than maternal instinct.