Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

That's the kind of headline that editors look forward to, kind of like "Headless body found at topless bar".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Scilly police puzzled after fried egg found at crime scene

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

uwaeve posted:

Is this a magnetic monopole joke

No, it's a Nigerian Prince email scam joke.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I will never grokk the French's weird obsession with keeping their language "pure". I had a Francophile friend attempt to explain it but after a few words they just started sounding like an adult on Charlie Brown.

It's like seeing god drat fnord in text.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

At least with the Vatican attempting to figure out how to translate "computer" into Latin they admit that it's a dead language.

The French attempting to put a collar on a living language is just something I can't grokk. But then my native tongue happily snatches whatever words that are laying about in an effort to get them to fit.