Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

duckmaster posted:

I lived and worked in Jersey (the original one), which is an island in the Channel Islands between England and France for about six months.

At 6.30pm on BBC1 each region in the UK has it's own local news show. Each region has a population of about 5-7million so there's always some half-decent news about; but the Channel Islands has a population of about 50,000. In Jersey people who have vegetable plots put a couple of shelves up at the end of their driveway and put their spare produce on them with an honesty box and a simple price list - "each item 50p" or whatever. People pull up their car and grab some carrots or whatever and leave a couple of pounds.

Their main story one night was about someone stealing one guys vegetables. Not the money, not trashing the shelves, just stealing a few cauliflowers.

This was followed by a lengthy debate about whether the BBC Weather map should have a new rain/cloud/sun icon over the Channel Islands to "encourage tourism" (with several people against because it'll be "a bit close to France") followed by a quick round up of who had been barred from the local pubs and wasn't to be served alcohol until next Tuesday.

Mental.

I have lived in Jersey my whole life and can't remember the last time anything interesting happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU