Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

I'm going for Donatello from TMNT or Henry's baby out of Eraserhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

:okpos:

Thanks. It's all clear now.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

To be fair there is an actual US House rep who believes using wind power is going to use up all the wind.

Head of a scientific committee, wasn't/isn't he?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Laura Palmer, no! Not again! :ohdear:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

RandomFerret posted:

I have good news, though. That gum you like is going to come back in style

So they tell me. ;)

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Nckdictator posted:

I think there's a pattern here...

I sense a Photoshop thread approaching....

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Wikipedia posted:

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
A standard reader begins to put the first clause together conveying the vague sense that "time passes rather quickly". The concrete nature of fruit actually strengthens the imagery, producing a stronger notion of an actual speeding arrow. The obviousness of fruit flying like a member of its class and the poor aerodynamic properties of bananas[citation needed], however, force a reappraisal

Just occasionally Wikipedia manages to be both witty and scrupulous.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

I think all Guardian opinion pieces fall into Poe's Law territory. What would that be called specifically?

If you enjoy laughing at the fatuous, privileged idiots sharing their lives in the news media, check out the BBC radio comedy called The Sunday Format, a parody of British newspaper opinion pieces. All of them are on YouTube.

Here is episode 1, series 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GibzbTY9V8

Share and enjoy, share and enjoy, journey through life with etc etc.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Mister Adequate posted:

SA is the place

You said it.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like this is less "woman killed by overtightening corset" and more "woman having corseting woes and being helped by a cheerful skeleton buddy." Just look how happy he is to help out!

Do you think he had a boner? :pervert:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

He killed the flamingo. :smith:

*posts FYAD flamingo gif*

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Truly, :biotruths:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

:iamafag:

brexit_nation.txt

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Bogmonster posted:

Yeah that's from Viz, it's not supposed to be someone's actual opinion.

forgive me. i have been brutalised by current affairs

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Stoatbringer posted:

Nothing is so stupid that somebody, somewhereJosef K Sourdust won't believe it.

E: Someone told me Donald Trump was the Republican candidate for the presidency and I believed it. :(