Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

By popular demand posted:

Do we know for a fact that headline wasn't made with that game where you blindly put <noun> <adverb> <verb> etc. and then read a crazy story?

I had a search and found Pulmotors were used from 1907 up to the 1940's, but I couldn't find any puzzle editors injured by elephants in that time frame.

In fact as far as I can tell the internet doesn't seem to think elephants and puzzle editors have ever interacted in anyway at all!

If this article is to be believed that's probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The act of driving around in a stolen car is literally called "joy riding". What other crime has "Joy" litreally in it's name? None I tell ya, none other crimes!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

That's only illegal if they catch you!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

I can't believe someone put Death Bed: the bed that eats in a hotel.

Oh Steven King definitely has an outline for a short story like that in a drafts draw somewhere from back in the 70/80's.

If only it had been published someone would be posting the link to the hilariously lovely made for tv movie made from it right now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just googled it, so it is. Anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nIOw5KZKSc

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I would simply choose to not sit in piss.

Many have tried, many have failed. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also who can eat a whole barrel worth of pickles, it take years? Like you wouldn't want to ware it with the pickles still inside, and throwing them out would be wasteful.

Now a potato barrel. Could empty that out in like six months.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

If she shoves him out of the way like sheila broflovski when he wins and just starts calling the shots, I feel like it would still be a better than average presidency

I mean considering how bad a lot of US presidents -and politicians in general- are, that's a pretty low bar, so yeah, pretty safe bet.

Seemingly pretty much the only none poo poo billionaire is a pretty good CV at the least.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh you think she hasn't invested in housing? Lmao they all do.

Friendship ended with Taytay, now... um, no one is my best friend.

:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

They could elect TayTay with a photogenic golden retriever as the VP and it would be a better presidency than Trump’s.

Hey everyone knows golden retrievers arn't allowed to be VP. Do you have any idea what sort of ridiculously advantage that would be having you VP be an adorable golden retriever? Who the hell would vote against someone has a golden retriever on the ticket?

And it's not like a golden retriever wouldn't be able to do the role of Vice president. They're very smart dogs.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

From the description it sounds like a large artery in his head rupturing. They normally don't do that, I want to make this clear

Don't listen to them, this is super common. like leading cause of death for people who post regular on internet forums, that's one of the initial symptoms. Just typing away, about to hit post, then suddenly feel a sneeze coming on, BAM!!!! liters of blood out the nose and mouth!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

He shooting a lovely budget event horizon remake over the next 40 days.

I mean, he's no Sam Neil, but sure I'll still watch it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Giant, bah that's just how all rats are hung.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MAKE IT STOP CHARLIE BROOKER

Look if Brooker wants to sit back and let this all happen, just so he can entertain himself watching the world burn, I say we let him. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Phlegmish posted:

More content that's not available in my region, but if it is what I assume it to be, I have to side with the woman, endless means endless

Look at some point in one of these endless meals, shrimp are just going to go extinct, so endless will always end sometime.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bitterandtwisted posted:

e: and this was a particular shitshow of a byelection for many reasons, resulting in absolute oval officeScottish Word George Galloway winning more votes that Labour, Tory and Libdem combined.

I know sometimes elections, particularly byelections, can get a bit weird sometimes, but that's ridiculous. Like loving how?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Necrothatcher posted:

The Labour candidate was recorded saying Oct. 7 was a false flag by Israel to give them an excuse to destroy Gaza. Labour dropped them and effectively didn't run a candidate at all. The Tory candidate literally went on holiday during the election. Meanwhile Galloway went in hard on the entire British establishment supporting Israel's genocide.

Hahaha, yep that will do it I guess.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Huh, wonder if i know anyone who went to that. Do have a few mates who love their bush doofs.

Also having seen the toilets at those sort of festivals, or music festivals in general, yeah this is incredibly unsurprising.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Platystemon posted:

You have upset the Japanese delegation.

”Noro” is a Japanese surname. They want everyone to say “Norwalk virus”.

Hey just because one of their family members happens to be a lovely virus doesn't mean they can just try and change their name without their consent. Unless the Noro Virus wants to be called by another name, than it's only polite to call it by it's name. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

EasilyConfused posted:

I would have assumed bush doof is an insult for Australian rural people, but apparently it's an event?

It's just a EDM gig in the bush. Traditionally it's just a small usually illegally run thing. like 10-200 people with the set up being made out of just as much stuff as can fit int the back of a van. I'd just call that a music festival.

Bush doof is more something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYC_-oFUQeI&t=66s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

How can we help Olmec on his mission to crush the Tesla company?

Maybe if you and your team can get the artifact from his hidden temple it will somehow help with his tesla crushing agenda?

I mean it couldn't hurt. :shrug:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also some people are just dog people.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Smart

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Animal suicide cult.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Garrand posted:

Every now and then I think about the woman who voted for Trump, and then mere months after his inauguration her law abiding, restaurant owning husband was deported for being undocumented. She said she thought Trump would just deport the criminals but her husband was rushed to Mexico by ICE in order to prevent possible legal proceedings to keep him from being deported.

Looks like there was a follow up a year later where she and the kids moved to Mexico to be with the dad while the town itself basically shrugged its shoulders and moved on.

Does she still mail in her vote for trump ever election?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Nah, for any real serious database work it gotta be done in tables in powerpoint.

Or possibly screenshots of tables.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well poo poo, guess I'm never playing another Donkey Kong Country game

You'd think after Mario they would of stopped making sex offenders into company mascots, but Nintendo's gotta Nintendo I guess.

:shrug:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
What if you nark to the police they just let you into the evidence room to munch on as much pot as you want?

I mean not a bad deal I guess?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FreudianSlippers posted:

The moon should have the same times zones as Australia since the two are about the same size and population density.

I hear same amount of rabbits as well. Oh why, oh why did Apollo 11 have to bring those breeding pairs of rabbits to hunt, they were only there like not even a day!

Have you looked at the moon recently and seen what those darn rabbits have done to the vegetation there :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Evilreaver posted:

Simply do not chronicle the passage of time anywhere

I say we pick the sensible middle path and that we should chronicle the passage of time, but just do it really badly.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

quote:

The raccoon in question has not been back to the park since,

We'll seems like the raccoon clearly didn't like it's time at the park. Seems pretty poor for the park to be getting such a bad review on opening day.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Carthag Tuek posted:

good hustle. probably from that angle, the ai sees a dude in a hooded rain poncho tho

next time try a big cardboard box

Nah, you want to dress up as a gaint security camera.

Security cameras don't like snitching on other security cameras.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey, Biden never said anything about his uncle's plane being eaten by cannibals in New Guinea. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look, I don't mind if Giant Mars Ants take over the world, but could they just like not have human faces.

I dunno, that just seems a little too much.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Surprisingly accurate analysis regarding Canberra and it's lightrail project. Also probably most light rail projects.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Particular to the face of anyone living there. It would be great.

Pretty sure that's where the Governor general lives, and probably all the ambassadors and what not.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So did I!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah, it looks like a small attic with a sign on it's front window. Honestly while it really sucks she had to resort to living like that, it looks a hell of a lot better than a lot of places that people have to resort to while homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HisMajestyBOB posted:

That's why you shouldn't let your cruise ships out to sea. Keep them at home!

They should ground them all in one place in a desert wasteland somewhere, making some sort of cruise ship city. Like vegas but somehow tackier.

It will make them much easier to avoid if they're all in one place.