Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
To be fair, there's no way to write a headline about the death of a prominent Russian that doesn't make it sound like murder.

Unless it ends in "at 92" I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

I'm just interested in the fact that their theme music ends with that closing bit from the old CBS News theme.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

If I remember correctly this anecdote is from a book that also alleged that Bill and Hillary decorated a Christmas tree with condoms and crack pipes.There were a lot of nutty anti-Clinton books back then so I may have them mixed up, but I'm pretty sure that's the one.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

I just really appreciate that this guy was doing this with his LtGovRandyMcNally account instead of like TennTwinkLvr1949 or something

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope
Honestly, if you like skiing enough to join the ski patrol it's probably a fun challenge.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope
That has to be some attempt at being funny. My brain can't recognize that as anything but a bit.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1663244276329742338?s=20

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

Or with less attention paid to punctuation

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm 50/50 on whether I would call it theft. It certainly wasn't removed so it could be used, but if someone takes your bike and throws it into a river I'd still say it was stolen.

It's more akin to just hacksawing your bike to pieces. Nobody left the property with a useable driveway in their possession.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope
I'm not a parent. I don't know what the protocol is if your kid pisses themselves on an airplane. But surely having them strip down right there and leave their underwear behind is weird, right?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

That poor officer is going to need to take several weeks of paid leave after what that vicious oak tree done to him.

I have no idea what kind of tree an acorn grows on.

That guy has no business being a cop.

He quit the force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

Phlegmish posted:

Seeing what I assume to be the word BARBAROI, I love it, like a headline written by Ancient Greeks confused and frightened by the state of the modern world

I assume they hate Sunak because he refused to return looted artifacts or something

The seems to be about the size of it.

Translating stuff through my phone's camera is never going to not feel like science fiction even if it calls them the "Couch-potato Elgin " for some reason.