Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

quote:

He’s a member of Mensa, the Triple Nine Society and the Prometheus society: high IQ clubs reserved for those in the upper percentiles of intellect.. He’s also worked as a “genius consultant” on shows like Child Genius, has invented multiple intelligence tests, has degrees in Mathematics and Philosophy and has written a number of books.
I've written "a number" of books, too. What a garbage commentary.

Mensa was the center bingo square so no credit there.

-

quote:

So your IQ is from 160 to 172 – what kind of intelligence does that focus on?

Most of the IQ tests, which started 120 years ago, with the Binet, and then the Stanford Binet, were based very simply on teaching World War One fighters – if a person was competent after flight, which was basically looking at numbers, words, and pictures. And that was to work out if you were clever enough to solve problems quickly. And could you see things other people can't see.

Nowadays, we have IQ tests that are still based on those three, but maybe a few more like lateral thinking, which is complex problem solving, or word associations: synonyms and antonyms, alien classes and common classes, numerical sequences. And so in my tests, I have 20 IQ tests that I've written. And some of them have never been completely solved by anyone in the world, even teams of people have tried to crack my codes.
Is this just the guy that got slammed when it turned out that his seemingly impossible puzzles were in fact impossible because none of the logical leaps required to get to the solution made any loving sense?

Also, IQ tests were based on testing the capabilities of French 7-year-olds (or thereabouts). You'd think Mr. Big Brain would know that.

-

None of the interview is about future predictions, but it does cover that through reiki he can totally diagnose people and also he can measure intelligence with his eyes.

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Jun 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

That's £411/day

surely some of that was actually flowers

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Her attorney just walks in, grabs her ukulele and smashes it would be a good vid I'd watch that
Haven't watched it but my understanding is that she says something along the lines of "my attorney said I shouldn't talk about this, so I'm gonna sing!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Firefighters have reported sixteen deaths, all petite.
:golfclap:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hell, same

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I have it on good authority that "robot" actually means "slave"

alternately:

stringless has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Jul 18, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Timestamped

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Dewgy posted:

That’s not gouda.
Could have been carmasciano

which is an actual Italian cheese instead of Dutch :colbert:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Probably just pissed at getting charged for parking or something lovely about the parking, but lmao that it's Denver International Airport

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'd be fine with it. The spotify DJ recently went "hey, i know you like this band, they recently just dropped a whole album without any prerelease singles because it's intended to be listened to from start to finish. Anyway, here's [track 3]!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'm trying to click but it just brings up the "download this image" etc modal, help

Obviously snakes are part of "pets" and the vodka was probably used for fuel but still

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

In the nude, clearly.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

How is "slam" still showing up as a verb in headlines?

Well, lovely summaries. Nevermind, I've answered my own question.

stringless has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Oct 18, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Marcade posted:

I thought Silent Hill was all about circumcision?
Correct.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Would you say you're clean?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

KFC apologises after German Kristallnacht promotion

I don't worry about AI becoming smart and taking control. Instead, I worry about people giving control to deeply stupid AI systems.
This is from last year, btw. tbf, doesn't look like it got posted in this thread.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

By popular demand posted:

I hear some hippie types just use baking soda for detergent and white vinegar as conditioner.
Usually apple cider vinegar.

Did it a while for my hair but tbh it's not worth the hassle

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Username/post combo?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

mediocre dad okay posted:

Not exactly the same but there's this "endless" sushi place in my town where they add increasing amounts of salt to the rice with every round. After round 3 it's basically inedible. If you somehow keep going the wait between rounds becomes ridiculously long, like almost an hour. Shame, because the first couple rounds are pretty delicious!
There's a fantastic sushi place near me that has an all-you-can-eat deal, but also an "if you're a dick about it we'll charge you extra about it" clause in addition to only being able to order 2 or 3 things at a time per person at the table. And they've got actual real wasabi!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The text is "we'll charge you extra about it" but the subtext is "don't be a dick"

Like, the last time I went, we didn't get charged extra for the slices of the fancy Hot Cheetos roll we didn't eat, because we weren't dicks about it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

whats the dietary reference intake of cocaine for children?
"One more line" same as anyone else.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

By popular demand posted:

Now we'll wonder for months if it's an idiot with a vendetta or a teenaged psychopath.
Possibly both, it's definitely a harey situation

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

venus de lmao posted:

I thought the olive oil thing was reasonably common knowledge. The New Yorker covered it in 2007, and I saw a TV special about it when I was literally a child, and I'm 36 now. Every couple of years, another investigative piece comes out. Google turned up articles from 2012, 2014, 2016, 2021, and 2023. Like, this is less an earth-shaking revelation and more just the latest in a long chain of reports.
Mob connections to olive oil was part of the plot in The Godfather (maybe both parts one and two)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also in advanced form an Arcane Trickster.
False, those didn't show up until third edition.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Just one? For the entire moon?
How many would you propose when a day lasts about a month?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'd be entirely down with switching the entire Earth to UTC+0 except that it'd make the Brits happy.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I assume it was a beached animal that someone decided to mercy kill??
Why? And no.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

butt dickus posted:

what are you saying "why" to? americans are familiar with
They're also familiar with not reading articles, fair.

The dolphin was a juvenile that washed ashore with the wounds.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

butt dickus posted:

but i think it would be pretty hard to shoot a dolphin in the water multiple times
Not if it's chilling around the boat as dolphins often do and some dumbass vaguely remembered the orca yacht attacks and went "it's comin' right at us!!" with an AR-15 or something.

What's strange is it was found March 13 and there still aren't details like caliber, total number of wounds, just that three distinct areas were hit. Washed up in western Louisiana, almost Texas, i.e. gun country/far-western Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I will.