Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Oeufs mayonnaise: Medium or hard boiled eggs halved with either fresh extra-mustard aioli or store-bought mayo tarted up with something, usually involving tarragon., and more mustard. And a bit of something pickled sprinkled over. This is pretty regular drinking food for a friend and me.

Hamburg, gravy, and rice: My father's bachelor staple and now mine. With canned or powdered brown gravy stocked just for this. And spritzed with lovely, metallic lachoy "soy sauce" also stocked just for.

Ploughman's: A lot of whatever bread I last baked, a large chunk of cheese, something pickled, and a fair pat of butter.

Camembert: A whole round at a nice, runny room temperature. With whatever beer/cocktail.

Extra-sharp white cheddar with a tart apple: My sister's favorite givenofucks snack and a favorite of mine.

Egg sandwich: One over-easy egg between fresh wheat bread smeared with mayo and a few grinds of black pepper. My grandfather's former go-to.

"Chili": I'm mostly vegetarian and so is a friend. So, while cutting loose now and then, whatever meat ends up shredded in a pot of minced chiles/hot sauce/chili powder and maybe beans and tomato.

Kimchi on white rice: Cold. Room temperature at the warmest.

Cheddarwurst: Terrible, salty "sausages" from a vacu-pouch? Yup. Great at midnight over a fire or in a cast iron skillet while bitching about a rough week? Hell yeah!

Sardines: Tossed with toasted breadcrumbs in olive oily pasta, on dried rye bread rusks, in a little custard dish with olives, whatever.

Bowl of unshelled, assorted nuts: Nom

Chunky peanut butter: Can't sleep and going crazy in my frustrated exhauston? A glob of chunky knifed out of the jar.

Mini-tarts: Make a quick simple pie dough, section small, flatten, curl in circumference, fill with whatever jam/jelly is in the larder, and bake for a bit. Eat too many, drink too much, watch schlocky movies, wake up the next morning on the living room floor.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread