Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

mich posted:

Parmaghetti.

Boil spaghetti, toss with a bunch of melted butter, and grate on so much parm that the pasta is almost dry.

That's basically what pasta alfredo is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Casu Marzu posted:

Look how wrong you are.

Then I've been LIED TO FOR YEARS. Is nothing sacred?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fettuccine_Alfredo

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

mich posted:

Yeah, we know what alfredo is, that's why we said it's not parmaghetti. You may notice this key sentence in the wikipedia article. "As the cheese melts, it emulsifies the liquids to form a smooth and rich coating on the pasta."

Parmaghetti is in no manner about making a proper pasta. You don't finish cooking it in the butter/parm with pasta water as needed to make the sauce. The texture is totally different. You coat the pasta with butter just so that more non-melted cheese can stick to it.

Allow me to apoligize and amend my statement. Its badfredo.

• Locked thread