Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Phobophilia posted:

Since this the "era of the gods", my suspicion is that earth has been split into the dominions of many gods (of which Shinju is one, and it and the Taisho are no secrets to the general populace). Some great unravelling has occurred in the past, there is absolutely no mention of foreign countries. The main characters use distinct flower and Shinto visual motifs, to signify how Japanese they are. So there's something uncomfortably nationalist about a show all about Defending the Homeland Against the Foreigners.

That'd make sense. If you looked when they kept going into space, the Shinju-area was just the one flower, presumably where Japan is on the globe, and then just Earth. And since they apparently can't do anything outside the Shinju's area, that'd make sense so long as you pretend it's area is just 2d.

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy if it just ended at six episodes. Not everything needs A SHOCKING TWIST, after all. I mean it won't, but that'd be pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Right now it seems like someone watched a bunch of old war movies and then thought, "why do these always end right after a battle? I wanna see what happens afterwards." And then added magical girls.

Then they decided that the world needed to be ever so slightly off, just because. But I agree, this probably isn't something you'd go back and watch once you know what's up.

• Locked thread