Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I can't help but admire a show that dedicates its first five episodes to loving with people who expect it to be exactly like the Subgenre Zeitgeist Show. This show pulled it off pretty well!

I mean, seriously, it's been hilarious to watch the "WHO'S GONNA DIE" talk that springs up whenever this show comes up anywhere. We've gotten "OH NO CHARACTER X IS NOT IN THE OP" twice, and it's been just as funny both times. This is a show that I just really wouldn't appreciate as much without other people to :allears: over during the discussion.

If they spend the entire season ominously teasing dark developments and and it all ends on a happy note without any of it ever materializing, I will die laughing and then 10/10 the series forever. It will be the most magnificent act of trolling in some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
For a show where nothing bad has really happened, this is oddly good at suspense. Something about the show just leads to this constant sense of menace. It's unnerving.

I don't think the show will really work if you're watching it once it's over, though. I mean, if you can know one way or the other, and if the rest is available to watch any time, can you really be unsure?

Wow, that is awful. Especially if that prediction comes to pass, drat. Good job, art people!

• Locked thread