Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I finally caught up on this series and came to post that the last episode really reminded me about Rahxephon for some reason. I'm guessing that like in Rahxephon their island is isolated from the rest of the "normal" world by Shinju/Taisha and said rest of the world is trying to free them from their control.

Have to agree with everyone though that the show does a good job of making you feel something is not quite right and that something terrible is going to happen without having to kill off anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Guess this could turn out to be like Fafner, too. Humanity's last line of defense is a "weapon" that also slowly kills its user
Really interested how they're gonna end this, could go so many ways.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

As soon as they did the "reveal" with the girl in the bed, shocked expressions and all, I realized what it was going to be, but I didn't expect what came after that.
Also holy poo poo 21 fairies

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

We have here a bonafide cosmic horror story where human existence is pointless and inevitably doomed for all its worth lets not ruin it.

Thank you. The amount of "this show is a commentary on war" in this thread is pretty ridiculous.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Since they also appeared around her head a couple times to mean the lost hearing/sight, I would assume so. I hope we get to see miss 21 fearies next episode, she did say they kept her in case a hero went rouge/berserk.

• Locked thread