Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames

Hmm, I think if they wanted to show Karin losing feeling in her left leg, they'd have put it behind Togo; actually, that looks like it's where her leg would normally be. Maybe it's shown because she doesn't lose her leg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

What I find most interesting is the deception by the Taisha(?). If the team had just been told "yeah, you'll probably have some feedback after using your super form, but if you don't the town gets destroyed, so you'll agree it's worth it right?" then everything would indeed be sunshine and roses.

I'm expecting one of two scenarios; a) the symptoms actually get worse instead of healing and they have to somehow get better or b) Itsuki losing her voice forever is just too terrible so they get answers the hard way :black101:

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Man the writing in this show is quite good. I could understand where all the characters were coming from in this episode; earlier I speculated that their eventual fight against the Taisha was going to be backed by some flimsy reasoning, so colour me surprised. I'm especially glad that Yuna took the stance of even if the Taisha told us everything straight up, we still would have fought, which is a really important point to make.

Edit: "I've tried to commit suicide 10 times today" :monocle:

KasaiAisu fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 5, 2014

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

I'm not sure if it's the suffering magical girls that are making me enjoy this show so much. I'm thinking it's because Yuki Yuna actually tells a cohesive story where the plot moves to an eventual conclusion; it feels like these days most shows are just 12 episode commercials for LNs or manga. The excellent characters and animation don't hurt, either. This is up there with Psycho-Pass S2 as my AOTS, which is definitely not something I thought I'd be saying at the start of this season.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

I personally took the ending as a very similar one to Madoka's; "Holy poo poo, humans are dangerous. I'm not going to gently caress around with you guys anymore." - The Shinju, to Togo

• Locked thread