Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I just did a marathon up to the current episode, and this has to be one of the more heart-wrenching shows I've seen in a while. I knew Karin was going to sacrifice herself the moment she had a chance to, but the way it happened and the severity of it all just made the bottom fall out of my heart. I'm really amazed at the kinds of things Madoka has inspired in magical girl anime.

Speaking of which, is it too early to start asking if this movie can get the same kind of movie treatment that Madoka got? I can't think of another anime this year that deserves it more (maybe Chaika).

Also, if someone could explain to me where they're seeing the nationalism/WWII correlations in this show, I'd appreciate it, because I'm not seeing any of that, and all this talk of nationalism and revisionism is coming off as absurd to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Yeah, that last episode should have been two, but I'm fine with a happy ending. I would have liked more time spent on the fairies, too, maybe losing them might have meant something more.

• Locked thread