Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I recall reading once Urobuchi's misgivings in re: happy endings, and I think I now understand them. There's just too much outstanding that makes it difficult to accept this as happy. "They tried really hard, so the universe changed the way it works" makes sense in Gurren Lagann-type shows, but feels out of place here. Everything being great forever, at least for our heroines, feels like cheating. The earlier parts of the show had such a foreboding, ominous feel to them that just having Yuuna try hard, punch out a sun (admittedly awesome), and have every single one of their problems disappear almost gives mood whiplash..

I'm not sure what you'd have preferred. Granted, I stopped watching awhile ago because I got extremely bored with it, but if the whole show was just the "duh duh...duh duh...duhduhdudhudhDUHDUH" from Jaws and the finale was the metaphorical shark finally eating them, would that have been any better? I felt like the ominous stuff was building up to reveals, instead of just waiting for them to horribly die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread