Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In terms of Europe it's a shame they skipped over the entire 17th century and the Thirty Years War. Central Europe isn't something you get to see very often in games and they could have done some cool stuff with Prague or Vienna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, I always thought if they wanted to waste their time with a modern-day game they could just have a bullet-deflecting Piece of Eden. Takes ten seconds to set up and explain. Melee combat would be based on sheer numbers, a la Oldboy or The Raid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vincent posted:

Or instead of dodging it, just give EVERYONE a gun and have your eagle eye become a hawk-eye. Give us Red Dead Assassins is what I'm saying.

This would be acceptable only if assassins can curve bullets

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

And yet people were still angryposting about how this game was forcing them to do bullshit modern day stuff (even though if they actually played the game instead of bitching to the internet about it, they'd realize it literally took maybe five minutes if you didn't take any time to explore and then you were right back to piracy).

I enjoy the modern-day stuff but I thought the Frogger hacking was dumb as hell.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

The 4th game on an engine shouldn't really have any technical issues.

Fourth?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The whole reveal trailer looked like Victorian era anti-Tory propaganda.

I approve.

There is literally one factor that determines my reaction to the game. If Karl Marx is in the game and he is your buddy, then this is GOTY, no, GOTD.

If not, then it's a piece of poo poo and cast it to the winds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Darwin, Dickens, and Jack the Ripper, yawn. Assassin's Creed used to be about the historical deep cuts.

Like if Spring-heeled Jack, the urban-legendary figure in a crazy costume and "metal claws" running around London rooftops and making superhuman leaps, doesn't factor into the game, just fire everyone.

And I'm still waiting on Karl Marx

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, there were famous people in AC2, but the House of Sforza, the Pazzi conspiracy, and Savonarola aren't exactly household names.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also all the lieutenants were running missions of their own, so if you went to those missions and helped them it would also improve their rank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah that story trailer was kind of whatever but the gameplay looks like it could be decent. The combat looks really rough, though. I hope that's just because of inexperienced preview players.

• Locked thread