Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Inept posted:

The system requirements for Unity for PC are hilarious. I haven't played an AC game in a while, but thought this one might be worth it for the co-op. Then I saw that the minimum GPU for this game is a GTX 680.

I'm sure it'll be a great port.

Holy poo poo :stare: I've got a 7950 and this is the first time I can ever remember not having a PC not meet the minimum requirements for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why the gently caress are you playing Assassin's Creed with a mouse anyways? I did that once with AC2 while my controller wasn't working, and never loving again. The beauty of PC is that you can use mouse and keyboard for games that control better with them like FPSes and RTSes, but also controllers for games that control better with one like fighting games and third person action games like AC.
I play everything with KB+M. In recent memory alone that includes Black Flag and Sleeping Dogs. Controller just feels unnatural to me.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Noirex posted:

Some people were asking about Uplay preloading...there is NO Uplay preload for North America - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946383-Get-ready-to-Pre-load-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-Unity

So if you bought the game directly or through the Pick Your Path offer, well looks like you're hosed regarding that for now.

Wait...what? I literally just preordered the game via GMG 2 minutes ago and it's letting me preload as we speak, at 1.8 MB/s.

Edit: Maybe I'm misreading it and that only applies if you bought the game via Uplay, and not from a 3rd party vendor? :psyduck:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

socialsecurity posted:

If you bought the game through Uplay or got it free with your videocard they don't give you a Steam key you have to use the Uplay client which doesn't allow preloading in America yet(but does in Europe)

I got a Uplay key from Green Man Gaming and it's currently downlading via Uplay though - it's not on Steam.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

socialsecurity posted:

How are you doing that nobody else in NA has been able to yet.

gently caress if I know, maybe there's an exception for Texas? Currently at 4% downloaded.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

socialsecurity posted:

I think it has to do with what key you bought maybe you bought a European key from GMG, I tried VPNing over the EU but it still won't let me preload from there based on what my key was.

Could easily be the case, I believe GMG is based in the UK?

Oh well - I'm not entirely sure I'll even be able to run the game, my GPU is a 7950 whereas the minimum required GPU is supposedly a 7970. Shouldn't make a big difference but we'll see.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, I don't think there's actually that big a difference between the 7950 and 7970 hardware wise besides clock speeds. If it was like a 7750 I would say it might be "can't run" but if anything it'll probably just be slightly slower than the 7970.

Looking at the Ubi forums apparently the minimum specs are VERY inflated, at least for the Nvidia side of the house - folks are playing with much lower spec'd GPUs. However there are known issues with AMD cards so I'll just have to wait and see once the game is loaded in a few hours.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Noirex posted:

I got my copy through the video card deal and it's not letting me preload. So maybe it's specifically no preload for that deal and buying directly through the Uplay shop, which is really stupid and makes no sense whatsoever.

Whatever the reason is, it apparently is getting resolved by next week when FC4 comes out.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

So apparently not only can I preload but I am now starting the game. Whoops.

Edit: I very quickly hit the wall in how far I could progress while it continues to download assets, and so far it seems to run fine on a Radeon HD7950.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 11, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm already getting updates on my Steam Pre-Load, so a day 1 patch 1.2 seems likely.

I still have another 14GB to go before I'm even done downloading the game.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

11.5GB left to go!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I'm doing free roam in Paris and the game keeps hardlocking on me :( Can't tell if my GPU is overheating or if it's a bug, but I made it through the whole intro without a problem. Hopefully it gets patched quickly.

Edit: Restarting uplay and validating files just to be sure first. Nope, didn't fix it :sigh:

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 11, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Anyone know how to check what version of the game is running in uPlay?

Edit: VV Yep, I'm on 1.1. I guess all I can do is hope the 1.2 patch resolves it. VV

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 11, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Vodos posted:

I know this is my own fault but this companion app really isn't helping, I'm tapping around on my phone instead of watching the cutscenes.

Also my download dropped to 6kb/s at 97%, luckily the game's playable anyways.

Mine dropped to nothing a few times - restarting Uplay and verifying game files restarted it at full speed. At 97% I'm not sure if it's worth it, but the verification process is quite fast.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

ayn rand hand job posted:

Put in for the PC social club last night

Same.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Vodos posted:

My game crashes whenever I try to enter the 2 southeastern districts of Paris, good times!

Same here :sigh: Hopefully this will be fixed shortly, I have more fun exploring than pursuing the main quest.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I wouldn't mind trying some of the more difficult co op missions tonight on PC if anyone wants to give it a shot while there's still a goon population for this game. Tried to join the uPlay group, but I don't think the group leader has accepted yet, and I'm in the Steam group though this isn't a Steam game for me.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I can't seem to get the second murder mystery mission to show up - I'll talk to the dude in jail and he'll hint towards something, but nothing shows up on the map. Am I missing something, or is this something else that's broken?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

KittySpinEcho posted:

I highly recommend using a controller for this game. You will thank me later.

:frogout:

KB+M fo' lyfe

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

So I think I joined the PC Unity clan but there's like 30 desinoobers and nobody else in there soooo...maybe it's broken? Is it a feature or a bug?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Well, anyone online in the goon PC group want to try some of the more difficult coop stuff?

Edit: VV Just Added VV

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 13, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

KittySpinEcho posted:

You need to become an assassin first. Coop becomes available at the end of sequence 2, it's about 45 minutes into the game. I recommend you guys give "The Tournament" a go. It gives you some pretty sweet mid-high level gear, which is nice to start out with. You have to go through 3 challenges, first is a stealth challenge where you guys have to pick pocket some dudes, the second is a parkour challenge obstacle course, and the 3rd is a fighting competition where you need to raise 4 flags and kill lots of mans. There are a ton to pick from though, the painting heists are a lot of fun too. Add me on UPlay if you guys want, I'm Spin_Echo and join the goon club, SAAC.

I think all of the 5 star co op missions give some pretty slick gear, the women's march one did also.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Al Harrington posted:

with unity can someone explain the chests and what I need to do with a companion app to open them or whatever the gently caress?

the are grey chests that you can open, red chests that need lockpicks and a lockpicking "skill"? and then blue and yellow that I can't open unless I download an app? is that right?

White chests are normal chests, just have to find them.

Red are locked and you need lockpicking to open them, there are 3 tiers to the skill.

Blue are nomad chests and you need the companion app to open these. I haven't bothered with that at all so I can't offer much more.

Gold are initiate chests and depend on your initiate level, which you can see by visiting the website from the game's menu. The system is currently incomplete and doesn't seem to be updating in a timely fashion so YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

For everyone saying that a 20th century AC wouldn't work I have 2 words for you: Russian Revolution

• Locked thread