Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I've updated the Mumble details with my new server on the Group, feel free to put it in the OP.

Additionally, for IV we really struggled to get any games organised with goons, UPlay grouping really is a total piece of poo poo. If anyone can think of a better way (Although you're welcome to idle Mumble and do it that way) let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Crappy Jack posted:

DOUBLE EDIT: Of course, literally the moment I post that edit, Unity and Far Cry 4 got added back on to Steam, soooo...
Not for the Euros! :(

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Unity is back on steam (along with FC4 which mysteriously disappeared) so the rumors of uplay exclusivity seem to have been unfounded.

Except in the UK. In the UK, it seems possible/likely one of the 'Retail Partners' (read: the retail chain GAME, almost certainly) is forcing the issue, so none of the Ubisoft releases are back on. So when you say 'unfounded'...

E: It's still on Origin though, so dunno!

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 8, 2014

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Orv posted:

Yeah I'll yell at Shockeh and set it up if he doesn't want to, if he's even playing.

I've not bought it yet, because I'm a filthy Euro who can't play yet. I will be doing though, holla holla dispoable dollar. We can always use that one, unless someone want to come up with a better name. :v:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Orv posted:

He is the insufferable British guy from AC2-4.

I thought that was me?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Well, tried to purchase through India as per Savvygamer, but the Checkout isn't having it, and I point-blank am not giving Ubi fifty loving pounds for an AC game, no matter how pretty they've made it. That's not price gouging, that's outright mockery of the people, a blatant 'Hey look you fucks will eat our poo poo no matter what price tag we stick on it, laffo'.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Skipping the Intro Movies!

UPDATED FOR UNITY:

Go to: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed Unity\videos

Rename the following files so that they no longer load: (I just put .bak at the end of each filename, this works fine and lets you revert if you screw up)

UbisoftLogo.bk2
pc_TWIMTBP.bk2

Then go into the sub-directory that corresponds to the language you're playing in (for example /en/ for English) and for the same for these files:

warning_disclaimer.bk2
pc_WarningSaving.bk2

Voila, you'll now launch directly to the 'Press Any Key' splash page. Enjoy!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Random thing: I've been playing the last few days using a VPN over Steam, and as of today on the EU release, without a VPN all UPlay Rewards/Actions have vanished. Whaaaaaaa....

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Question: Can anyone work out how to disable on the HUD just the blue circle & glow on Arno when you're in a crowd? It's the only element that really annoys me, but I can't see how you can turn it off without turning off the whole HUD.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So if I go and buy a Season Pass now, will I have a get a cheap copy of Far Cry 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I think the only one that was genuinely memorable to me (outside of the ACIV Shanties) was the AC:Brotherhood 'Master Assassin' track. I think that's a pretty good track in it's own right.

• Locked thread