Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

You only had to do it once though, as tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Are there any Man ó War in Rogue? I know I should be looking in the Artic but I haven't found any roaming around. (Sequence 6, ~60% total sync due to exploring)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I stopped preordering these games after AC:rev (revs owns), but that was due to the fact that I have plenty of games to play anyway and sales are very often nowadays. :v:
I have yet to really take time to play Unity, but Rogue is great. That said the series just needs more (or well, more effective/efficient) dev time. Stop the yearly releases or something.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Don't 100% AC3, it's some ol' bullshit and I'm saying this as someone who enjoyed it
Don't 100% AC3, and I say this as somebody that did it. I liked base AC3 unlike most others, but 100%ing that one was just an excessive tedium, even compared to other entries in the franchise.
AC2's feathers where less annoying compared to AC3's menu's, club and map challenges, the underground and getting the map uncovered in the Frontier. The only upside of it is that it did make me appreciate how actually well designed the frontier was.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Snuffman posted:

I'm curious, what did you think was good about it? The Frontier (River Valley) stuff in Rogue is way better, even if the boat parts seem sort of out of place..
River Valley is indeed much better, but doing 100% on AC3 made me appreciate the tons of treepaths, branches, cliffs that did work smmoothly, as opposed to beelining from place to place in the main campaign. It wasn't a great map to traverse , but it was a well designed setpiece.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I wonder what the Galaxy Quest of the AC series will be.
Already been out for a while: The Saboteur.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Rogue HD re-release
This isn't to you or this comment in particular but the ps3/xbox360 generation are already the "HD" generation of consoles aren't they?
I mean besides that IMO the pc version of Rogue/BF looked great already but those do look a lot better compared to the ps3/360.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I like that they seem to go all-in with the whole "mustaches and top hats" aesthetic. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

marktheando posted:

I think most series drop the numbering when they reach four or five. It just seems a bit creatively bankrupt and embarrassing to be a fourth sequel, like a parody of endless Rocky sequels or something (except there are way more AC games than there are Rocky films haha), so they don't want to draw attention to it. But even Star Wars dropped the numbering for the new sequels.
The Fast and the Furious Franchise brought back numbers are nr3 and nr4, cause why not. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

After AC3 I stopped playing them close to release.

Also ranking them in a full order is hard because honestly I even enjoyed 3/Unity overall. It just took ages to get going and had too much rough stuff.
Revelations is my favorite combatwise followed by 3 though. AC combat isn't actually good-good but it looks cool. Especially Vlad the impaler's sword and the tomahawk animations. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'm more positive about this then Unity, Unity from the moment we got the first details sounded like the worst way they could do that setting.

Seriously, how wasted is Unity? That setting... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

As long as you mix in Chavsassin's Creed somewhere be my guest. :v:

• Locked thread