Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
As a observer without any skin in the game since I'm still saving for a PS4, this is a real class act by Ubisoft. Not only apologizing, but trying to make it better with something tangible and actually at a potential cost to Ubisoft. It doesn't, of course, excuse releasing it so buggy, but it's pretty much the best response a company can do in my eyes. I'll be making sure to pick this up now, good behaviour should be rewarded (of course I probably would anyway since I'm reading a thread about a game I can't play at this time, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

I finished the main campaign of unity a couple days, I've been progressing through Dead Kings now. It's pretty good, it might be one of my favourite Assassin's Creed. Although the main story is kind of a personal one, the co-op and paris stories allow you to still get a feel for revolutionary paris, and the co-op missions are most of the historical events. The parkour is phenomenal, I found it really fluid and I was able to go where I wanted the great majority of the time.
As for people saying that Arno lacked a personality, I disagree. You get to understand him best when he's been kicked out of the brotherhood. He retreats into a bottle, because with his father dying young, and his adopted father dying because of a mistake he made, he doesn't really have positive role models. He's an aimless individual, but that's because his whole life has been in the lap of luxury. His only motivation is trying to right his wrong, and to protect Elise who he loves. You could argue that's kind of limited, but I think that's plenty.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Christ I hate NDAs. I wouldn't even be badtalking the game (hypothetically)!

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Darwin, Dickens, and Jack the Ripper, yawn. Assassin's Creed used to be about the historical deep cuts.

Like if Spring-heeled Jack, the urban-legendary figure in a crazy costume and "metal claws" running around London rooftops and making superhuman leaps, doesn't factor into the game, just fire everyone.

And I'm still waiting on Karl Marx
You possibly might not have to wait forever. On either of those historical figures. Hypothetically.

• Locked thread