Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

A legitimately cool website : http://www.assassinscreedrogue.com/

lol about half the internets thinks the mentally ill guy standing in the way deserved to die :catstare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kurtofan posted:

Which one is he?

Dante Moro in Venice.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kin posted:

You'll probably never pay anything but full price for a game on Uplay.

That's not true, they do sales and older games get cheaper.

Still more expensive than steam but whatever, games are a cheap hobby anyway.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Highlight of the stream was the guy whose fancy assassin/templar shirt kept falling apart.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Welp, two more days for me...

I don't suppose there's a way to trick uplay into thinking I'm a Murcan?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So apparently the goon group is full already?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I am enjoying the singleplayer but I'm already like haflway through it. I'm not hating the coop but it's hard to imagine sinking as much time in it as in Revelations/III/Black Flag multiplayer. In fact the last two games' wolfpack was arguably better coop than that.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You can solo it even the first time. And of course you can replay at will (in fact you need to play it at least three times to unlock all the reward$).

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OH NO MAN posted:

Yeah, if you hover over the co-op mission icons on the map and do it from there, you can choose public or private the first time you do it. If you take the mission from the random assassin dudes hanging around, you don't get the option the first time.

You can do it from the Progress Tracker too. I find it more convenient.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Not sure how but I have some helix point in my game and I definitely did not pay for them.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Do the theatre quest first and swim in money for the rest of the game.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kin posted:

Also the open combat in unity sucks and just highlights how terrible the gameplay is as soon as guns come into it. Trigger an alert and get swarmed by guards? Might as well just give up because they'll not only stunlock you to death but blast you with a hail of gunfire from off the sides of the screen where you can't even see them.

Just drop a smoke bomb and run. I actually like whittling at a mass of soldiers and disappearing when cornered, like a horror movie monster.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Not much of the plot happens down there.

Generally speaking those are harder zones so you are supposed to clear the right bank first. Of course Assassin's Creed hard is not really hard.

Whatever else happens I hope they do the Rift missions again in the future, they are awesome.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes. The new coop is not exactly terrible but I can't imagine playing each scenario more than a few times, while I'm still playing Revelations multi on occasion.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes. He takes it from the king's secret stash while poor man's Ezio helps himself to some letters. Goes to show who's on top of things.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well I ended Unity campaign. Uh. Uh.

I'd lie if I said the last letter was not a little moving though.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apllied as JWRK.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm in the group but when I look at the member list I only see my name a thousand times. Is that "normal"?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CheGayvara posted:

Go back the last few pages and the people who joined as friends on uplay. If they accept you will see them. I have the same bug otherwise I would write everyones' usernames and post them. You will still get club prizes but might have trouble starting co-ops with other club members.

I'll add you on uplay tonight (in about 20 hours or so hopefully) when I finally come back online after a pretty trying week.

Thank you, it does seem to work.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sequence 7 was the weirdest. It was a good final mission that somehow ended as the middle of the game.

The game story as a whole is baffling from a craft point of view. The one plot resolution comes in the middle of the game and then it has to build momentum all over again, lots of arcs are set up and never really resolved, others spring out of nowhere... the coop plot does not fit the singleplayer one and in fact kind of contradicts it...

Design by comity I suppose.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Fireworks do what whistling used to except when a guy stands with his back to you, in which case just go ovrr thrre and kill him.

And excpet hou can't use them in haystacks I guess.

What I miss is reliable double assassinations.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm locking in right now for about an hour.

(JWRK)

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Is that me or there is no Rogue app like there was a Black Flag one? I want to do the fleet missions during my commute, not my real gaming time.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kin posted:

Shay doesn't ever really have any dialogue or heavy misgivings about using the precursor tech and is like super keen to grab the tech immediately before it levels Lisbon.

In fact Achilles explicitly warns him to be cautious. Sounds to me like Shay is deflecting his own guilt on Achilles like a teenager.

Speaking of, it's weird that it's the first game (except 1) where the protagonist does not have a database entry. I wanted to check his actual age and had to go to the wikia.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rogue Naval maps are really cramped compared to Black Flag, battles often feel like a knife fight in a phone booth which adds tension I guess but I miss sailing on the wide open sea.

Also down with critters not spawning.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Same heroes but the summaries sound really different.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Restart your uplay.

Well it worked for me.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How many non-upper duper class people can trace their entire family to Victorian times? I have no clue if mom and pop are related that far ago and it hardly matters.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I didn't mind no competitive multiplayer last year because I'm still trolking the four (!) last ones to unlock everything like a utter goon but no multiplayer this year either make me worry they are ditching this aspect of the games altogether. Which would be sad.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

For a few years Erudito was set up as the Third "plague on both houses" Faction, then they just folded them with the Assassins.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It was great and I'll miss it.

In the meantimes though there are still people on the servers for Rev/3/4, genrrally.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hide under them.
Hide between them.
Paint them.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So there was a podcast with the lead designer for Syndicate and he fessed up that he was responsible for THAT tank mission in Brotherhood.

Are you excited yet?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Snuffman posted:

The mission itself wasn't bad.

100% sync on that mission? That's a punishment reserved for one of the levels of Dante's Hell, I'm sure of it.

Right the mission is pretty enjoyable the first ten times.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The dumb lore is the best part of these games.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes, China was great. It's surprising how little they put it forward (and how little they put India forward).

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Uh brotherhood was the apex of the franchise dude.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

They said they decreased it, not dropped it.

I might make some people cross bit London is a terrible city and there is no reason a Victorian game should happen there.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Aphrodite posted:

So whatever you want in the next Assassin's Creed, just complain loudly about it in the current one.

Unless it's bringing back the good multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I know I'm terriblw with faces but I honestly can't tell the difference.

• Locked thread