Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Time for AC3, expectations are tempered so I'm going in not expecting anything amazing and a mostly boring protag.

We're here to be your support group if you finish or decide you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Is ACU fixed yet on PC?

I just got ACU, let it install overnight.. I try to open it and it just says .exe is not working. I update to the nVidia beta drivers and same poo poo.

Fuckin' Ubisoft..

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

Club Competitions have started. Good planning Ubisoft.

Let's start a cooperative competition when no one can even get our loving game to launch! Brilliant!

EDIT:

So I got this piece of poo poo working, and I have to play on Low settings to be able to even get past the first part. All I did was go directly to the install path and boot it up straight from the .exe without going through Uplay. I set it to launch through Steam and it works like that as well.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 23, 2014

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Has anyone else been able to log into initiates since they released the latest patch? I've not had any luck.

Also what's the goon clan for the PC crowd? I found some [goon] tagged club but it had like 1 member which seems odd. Looking to join it as remnantkin.

I haven't been able to log in at all. And from what I hear the PC goon club is broken.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is SAAC even active? Been almost a week and still pending.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CheGayvara posted:

Applied to [SAAC] and [Goon] (the one with only a couple members) on PC as CheGxvara.

I don't know exactly what a club competition is, but I do know I want that legendary napoleonic coat.

Edit: You can only have one request at a time, [Goon] it is since the other seems to be full. Is that actually run by a goon?

Ahdinko posted:

I also applied to SAAC as Ahdinko

It'd probably be best to apply to Goon. SAAC seems to be broken and inactive. Maybe we should just get a consensus here and make a new PC Unity group?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Applying to LGSA as Skoll.

Can OP get updated showing that SAAC is now dead?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

beer_war posted:

- I think making combat harder so that "murder everyone by spamming counter" is no longer the only approach is a sound idea in principle, but in practice the way to approach combat in Unity is "level up your character and gear, then murder everyone by spamming smoke bombs".

- Stealth is, again, one step forward and one step back. Having a poorly implemented cover-based stealth system is still better than having none at all, but it really needs to improve for the next game.

What I did was go straight for unlocking as many cafe places and whatnot as I could, as early as possible. Then I just saved up and got myself the Cinquedeas. From there on I just kept having money rolling in through the cafes and doing all the side stuff. Half my gear was Legendary before starting Sequence 4 and it made going through this bland rear end story a lot easier than it would have been ordinarily, even with a bunch of skills locked behind the Sequence 5 gate.

As for stealth, like someone else stated pages earlier, I don't get how they have a team that can turn out amazing stealth such as Splinter Cell Blacklist, but then have their team gently caress it up so badly in what is their flagship franchise.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The first thing Ezio does is get beat up in a fight :colbert:

That only happens if you're not 1337 and didn't kick their asses first.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think there's no horses because the entire game is literally confined to Paris and city streets. It's a lot faster to go by rooftop anywhere than it would be galloping around on a horse.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kuiperdolin posted:

I'm in the group but when I look at the member list I only see my name a thousand times. Is that "normal"?

Ubisoft normal.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

So does the game work on Nvidia yet? I have an i52500 (no k so no overclock) and a 760.

I'm running a GTX 650 TI and I can run the game on low pretty fine. Like Ahdinko said though, it will freeze every half hour or so but it only lasts a few seconds. Some indoor areas can become super choppy but for the most part the game is pretty playable.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

So are the Nostradamus Engimas supposed to be this impossible and dumb, or am I just being impossibly stupid?

The one in the observatory is stupid hard.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I too wonder where I am supposed to go to find people who are observing stars.

:thejoke:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It downloads through uplay when you try to launch the game, fyi.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Do you actually try to play the game? Because I just hit Play on uplay and it started downloading.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

It really bummed me out that Black Flag locked you into swords only. Pirates had axes and hatchets too! :colbert:

Lemme chop fuckers up with a hand axe and a knife.

You could at least pick up muskets and axes and poo poo to use. Unity doesn't even let you do that.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I loving LOVE the AC games.. That being said, I keep forgetting to delete Unity off my gaming PC. I didn't even bother to finish Dead Kings. That's kinda how I feel about the franchise as a whole right now. I was really excited to play Rogue but there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for it now.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't say it's good per se, but it's playable.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FutonForensic posted:

Ubisoft long.

Translated into English : About three hours.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After Unity, I'm very skeptical on Victory. I haven't gotten Rogue yet, going to wait for a sale for that one.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TARDISman posted:

III's best moment was clearly the part when Haytham got in a barfight and told the other guy he was going to feed him his teeth.

If AC 3 had ended when you stopped playing as Haytham, I would have considered it a good game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pesmerga posted:

Now I really want Assassins Creed: Egypt. Assassinations with a brain hook :magical:

And AC Feudal Japan. I don't understand how come they haven't done that yet, unless of course it's simply "oh we cant have non white male protagonist".

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

senae posted:

I think it's more the fact that everyone keeps telling them to do Japan.

Because they would still make the dude white,of course.

The world needs another Tenchu game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Id love to see AC Vikings but I don't think it'd work unless the game centered in medieval Europe or some poo poo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So does Mark of the Ninja Creed add anything to the current story or is it its own contained thing?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Edward's hat costumes were best, imo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I'm still on board and will probably buy Victory because I'm pathetically invested in this series.

Victory will probably not suck. It's been the pattern lately, even numbered games are good and Victory is AC 6.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Shadow of Mordor.

Shadow of Mordor was loving awesome except for the bossfights quick time events.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hannibal Smith posted:

The AC3 DLC had a magical flying power that basically functioned like a grappling hook, and it fit so well into the gameplay of the series that I'm surprised it took them this long to implement it into an actual standalone game.

Actually, considering the way the AC games are developed, that doesn't surprise me at all.

It's really sad that the Tyranny of King Washington was more playable and fun than AC3 was, sans Haythan's section.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Best part about Rogue is they hand you all the gear earlier than any other game. It was Sequence 6 or 7 for the blowdart gun in Black Flag, where in Rogue you get it before the end of Sequence 1. That's a good change to progression where you're not bottlenecking people through the story if they want to explore with tools.

I think the difference being that Shay is already a trained Assassin when you start playing. All the other games, cept the first one, involve training someone from the ground up.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To explain the Kenway air assassinaton thing, something something seasoned sailor.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Syndicate looks underwhelming as gently caress. After Unity, probably gonna pass on this one.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

Death threats, obviously.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Daily Forecast posted:

So that's interesting. I decided to boot up Rogue again because bored, and it told me as soon as I started that I unlocked the Altair and Arno outfits. I googled it, and found this

I have literally every single AC game on my uPlay account, so why don't I have Ezio, Connor, and Edward's? Because Ubisoft, gently caress you?

This same issue was on Black Flag and Unity. Sometimes you have to bug support.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bizarre Echo posted:

I've never played Assassin's Creed before, and the Steam Sale has a lot of the games down to my five dollar pricepoint. Out of AC1, AC2, AR Revelations, AC3, and AC Liberation HD, which is the best entry point for me to try?

Buy AC 2 and Brotherhood. They're the cream of the crop.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The biggest laugh is their refusal to discount Rogue as much as Unity. That's clearly telling.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rogue has only been on the PC for a couple of months, Unity has been out for almost 8 months at this point.

Most devs, much less Ubisoft won't heavily discount a recent release during the sale.

I'm sure it has everything to do with that and nothing to do with Unity being a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
re: Excited about Syndicate

I'm not. After the Unity debacle, Ubisoft has sort of killed my interest in the AC series. It's a pity because I honestly do enjoy the settings and historical recreation. I wish they'd step outside of Europe, or at least go further back in time. I know I'm not the only one who'd enjoy seeing a Feudal Japan or Dark Ages AC game. I'll sit Syndicate out.

• Locked thread