Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Have there been many story game play videos I'm curious how many missions will involve following some dude and listening to his dumb conversation only to be spotted and have to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Redeemed this on Uplay thanks to a graphics card bundle, doesn't appear to be a preload yet, wonderful.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I see Steam people are already able to preload has anyone been able to on the Uplay client, if they want people to buy more games directly they aren't doing a good job of it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

Wait...what? I literally just preordered the game via GMG 2 minutes ago and it's letting me preload as we speak, at 1.8 MB/s.

If you bought the game through Uplay or got it free with your videocard they don't give you a Steam key you have to use the Uplay client which doesn't allow preloading in America yet(but does in Europe)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

I got a Uplay key from Green Man Gaming and it's currently downlading via Uplay though - it's not on Steam.

How are you doing that nobody else in NA has been able to yet.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

gently caress if I know, maybe there's an exception for Texas? Currently at 4% downloaded.

I think it has to do with what key you bought maybe you bought a European key from GMG, I tried VPNing over the EU but it still won't let me preload from there based on what my key was.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Vodos posted:

I know this is my own fault but this companion app really isn't helping, I'm tapping around on my phone instead of watching the cutscenes.

Also my download dropped to 6kb/s at 97%, luckily the game's playable anyways.

Speaking of which the app is awful, even with 100% success all of I've lost 2ish Assassin's in every training mission to the point where I literally cannot progress anymore without restarting.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This game feels like a great sequel to Assassin's Creed 1.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I played a bunch yesterday smoothly but today has been crash city, think it has something to do with the districts to the south.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This is the game I imagined as a child wandering around a realistic looking city full of hundreds of people and even the building climbing, I didn't realize how kinda boring it would all be, they need to work on more ways for you to meaningfully interact with the city beyond collecting baubles and killing the dozens of criminals on every corner.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So the companion app continues to get dumber, so you the difference between hiring a level 14 and level 15 assassin is about 100 points, if a level 14 gets enough xp to level to 15 it cost 500 points to level them. So pretty much just grind the training missions and only buy high level assassin's because leveling them is for suckers.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Don't worry they are recruiting more dudes with their brilliant plan of "here play out the start of this guys life see how his father was killed by ~someone~ then his new dad was killed by ~some other guy~ over a century ago don't you see how you have to join us now?"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

There was a great piece on Kotaku about how they had a guy buy the 99 dollar microtransactions package - and even with him buying everything that could be humanly useful he still had sixty bucks or so left.

Also, I laugh every time Ubisoft trailer announces "Worked on for four years with TEN studios." How in the holy lord of gently caress is ten studios a good thing? That's not a selling point, that's just poor management.

I'd be very curious to know what the division of labor was, in comparison to something like GTAV - which had pretty much every Rockstar affiliated studio chipping in but feels 100% more coherent.

It feels weird I know they did a great deal of engine/art assets but after so much work I feel like there should be more to the game like it feels like a sequel to Assassin's Creed 1 it even has the same annoying movement bugs and annoying "tail some dude while he blathers for 10 minutes don't get seen or you will have to do it again" missions like they haven't learned or evolved anything in the game design process.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kin posted:

Ok, i just got Unity for use with my new GTX 970, but i've hit what seems to be a constant bug/crash to desktop.

It happens when it's loading up Sequence 2, Memory 1, so the loading screen right after that guy is murdered at a party and you get pinched for it.

It's pretty consistant. Is there a specific fix for it? I've got all the graphics settings put up to max, is there one of those i need to switch off to get past it?

edit: ok, low settings/high settings, the same poo poo happens.

There's not much on google for this other than a few people having the same issue with pirated versions (mine is one that came with my graphics card).

Patches are coming just let it sit I am in the exact same situation there's other pretty games to try out on the 970.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Waited several patches to see if this got more stable, can't even get past the Logo screens awesome, glad it came for free with my graphics card.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

Argh goddammit. Got back from break and tried to launch Unity to open those gold chests. Except only problem is after the patch the drat thing freezes as soon as I get to the title screen! Like I'll see the Assassin's Creed Unity logo and I'll move my cursor around for a few seconds and then bam, not responding. I've already verified the files twice, this is incredibly loving annoying.

I had the same issue I went to the Unity folder in my documents folder and deleted the ini files it let me in after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Something the game really could have used was a short optional video running down the various parts of the revolution. As is they just kind of throw people, factions and events at you and expect you to just look up the info on your own.

Hell I've played half a dozen of these games now and can't really tell you what the goals of the Templars/Assassins are or what their difference is beyond some vague freedom vs control thing.

• Locked thread