Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Now that the modern day storyline apparently allows for time glitches so you can kill Nazis during the French Revolution, you are a monster if you don't like it.

AC4 was the only good asscreed game in the series and this just sounds like monkeycheese bullshit. Prolly still buy this lovely game because I'm dumb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Blind Sally posted:

A game series that features, as a plot point, a sci-fi machine that lets you explore different times in the past, can suffer glitches that causes different times to bleed together. Yup, sure sounds like totally obnoxious random monkey-cheese bullshit to me. Boy, Ubisoft sure is stretching with that one.

exactly

Kurtofan posted:

What do we know about the story of the game?

Like every asscreed game, its incomprehensible garbage that tries to have a "twist" while winking and nudging at you the entire time.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

It's pretty much because Asscreed games are awful poo poo and Ubisoft doesn't care. Jokes on me though for buying every game in the series though, including the new ones. At least Black Flag was legit fun while the rest were Simon says with Twilight-Pseudo-History fanfinction.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol ubisoft and anyone who is a fan of their terrible games. Only good thing they've done recently was Rayman on the Wii U, and they tried to gently caress that up.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Pay $60 worth of asscreed points for the privilege of controlling Desmond's dead cock thrust up Ezio's rotten corpse.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Coding women assassins is so difficult they added a donation pan.

Please buy their asscreed points and support ethics in video game paternalism.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

hopefully they're not doing anything stupid like hiding fun poo poo behind a paywall.

Adorable

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

When I'm playing next gen Simon says, I really need a gamer boost to get me through the day. Luckily uPlay has me covered with Asscreed juice. Now I have the power to take down the matriarchy.

Thanks uPlay. Suck it down and Game On!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Pay to unlock cosmetic items that give you stat boosts like TF2...a free to play game

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol this game looks so loving awful.

It's hilarious how some of you stupid shits are already rationalizing the micro transactions.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

sellouts posted:

still going to 100% it and still going to spend 0 additional dollars doing so.

Nah.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I read the top game journalism websites to justify my purchases.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol this game and it's defenders

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

so has journalism stated bad game is bad or bad game is good? This story is developing too quickly for me to keep up. Link some tweets for CNN so Wolf Blitzer makes sense of this for me!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Orv posted:

Games journalism aside (which it should always be), yeah, it's just an AC game with a heaping help of Patch or Die. Everything that means to someone who has played the rest is there. It won't kill Ubisoft but maybe it'll let them take a couple years to make the next one.

Ahaha.

Haha.

Hahahaha.

:smith:

"Ubisoft has listened to your voices a released a brand new patch for Unity. This fixes all the performance issues. Ubisoft has proven they care about gamers and so we have raised the review to 10/10 would microtransaction again!"

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Black Flag is the only good Asscreed game. It also is a really good game in general.

Bro Dad posted:

:siren: HOW TO FIX YOUR SETTINGS ON PC: :siren:

Don't buy Unity

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You're not even keeping your gimmick consistent man. Lazy work.

If you think Black Flag was bad you're retarded. Black Flag owned.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

macnbc posted:

Well it's a good thing that Assassin's Creed Rogue: Black Flag 2 came out today!

Ubisoft didn't bother sending out many review copies of it in advance, but it looks like that was a tactical error on their part.

First review I can find says it's good.

noice! I'll prolly grab this on PC when its at a more sane $20-30 range.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, people (like me) did say they wanted the series to get back to basics, but maybe they misinterpreted that.

Those peeps are dumb as hell since Black Flag was the only good asscreed game.

Lol and peeps who still bought this and continue to defend it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm going to try to respond to you not as a troll but as if you were a person, so here goes...

Yeah, Black Flag was good, but not as an Asscreed game. I still think making a great Asscreed game that gets back to basics is possible, and I hoped this would be it, it seems that it's not. But for me, even a bad Asscreed game is about climbing historical stuff and stabbing historical people, so it's still a pretty ok time for me.

That ship sailed when asscreed 3 was released. Black Flag was the only good one and the rest were incoherent garbage.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Mustang posted:

AC2 and AC:B were the best Assassins Creed games followed closely by Black Flag. But your gimmick seems to be just endlessly posting bad opinions

I thought 2 was good at the time after just beating the first one. Later I realized that was not true, it was just that asscreed 1 was so terrible. Brotherhood and revelations were just awful. It wasn't until Black Flag that the engine was capable of pulling off a fun game.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

They are doing you a generous favor.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

2015 I believe

Sweet!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kirios posted:

So I've heard Ubisoft hosed up pretty royally on Unity...can anyone here detail what are the major issues with the game?

If you didn't have thin skin and put half the posters here on ignore you'd have read that the game has frame rate issues and gameplay on par with Asscreed 1. Its a huge step back from Black Flag.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Asscreed is a game thats about exploration and quick assassination. It seems like they wanted to do a stealth game that appeals towards everyone but then realized most people are bad at stealth (or they are bad and making stealth games). Either way, I actually prefer the quick battles. Asscreed games can be janky enough, could you imagine how much worse it would be if combat was more difficult.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

still incredibly disappointed that rogue isn't on PC yet.

that's the real next AC for me.

Same.

lol at anyone who bought unity. You deserve it. Especially if your preordered it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes, I deserve to...have a fairly good time wandering around Paris, climbing famous buildings, and occasionally stabbing people.

Little Interactive Media Publishing company Ubisoft really appreciates you defending this product they release

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I actually got around to playing Watch_Dogs (got it free with Tropico 5) and lol at anyone who continues to buy Ubisoft games. If your game crashes and you lose your progress or feel cheated, good.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Daily Forecast posted:

do you have literally anything useful to say

like ever

Always because I'm the best :cool:

Example: don't be like this doofus and preorder a ubisoft game

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Daily Forecast posted:

^^ This guy knows what's up. Been playing since day 1, and the poor framerates were pretty bothersome but the game itself has always been really fun. Story's a little weak but who even loving cares, videogames, story, pick one. Now that the AMD drivers made the game very smooth, the game has gone from 'annoying to play but still fun' to 'loving excellent'.

Plus, I'm getting Far Cry 4 for free.

What a total waste of money, all that fun I've had with this game has not been real fun at all, silly me!

edit: Plus, I think Ubisoft has done a hell of a job of making it up to the playerbase for this whole mess, especially to those who had preordered. A free, brand new, sixty dollar game for a $30 pass is a huge offering that I hadn't seen before, and free $20 DLC to everyone who purchased the game is Ubisoft pretty much setting a match to a ton of money. I'm sure it's less about good will and more about wanting to win back some loyalty so they can actually sell future games, but I think the way that Ubisoft has handled this whole thing (they'll have pretty much completely fixed the game in a little over a month, which is lightning speed all things considered) plus all the free stuff is a pretty class act.

It actually reminds me of how Square Enix handled the fiasco that was FFXIV. Ubisoft has been and still remains one of my favorite game developers.

I'll probably also be preordering AC Victory, and I will think of you when I do it. :shepspends:

Lololoololol. Seek help.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Just what I want from ubisoft, more lovely ubisoft titles.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

macnbc posted:

Deal alert: AC Unity is currently going for PS4 and XB1 on Amazon (US) for $40.

This is the lowest I've seen it going for anywhere thus far.

Free is too expensive if the quality of Watch_Dogs is anything to go by.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Watch dogs is awful. The story is boring as hell and the game freezes every 2 seconds because ubisoft DEVs don't understand streaming. The graphics are early 360 quality and every character is unlikable. The controls are unintuitive on both controller and mouse and keyboard.

The only positive thing I can say about it is the multiplayer is fun in short bursts.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Are you illiterate? I never said it crashed.

The only reason why you prolly enjoyed it is because you got to press the "hack" button a lot which, while providing no meaningful gameplay mechanics, triggered the dopamine in your retarded brain.

It's a bad game from a bad company. I got it for free and I was ripped off.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 14, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

So for those of us who missed the live event...?

Ubisoft confirmed that Black Flag is still the only good Asscreed game and they are sorry for that mistake and it will never happen again

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

This game will be like every other Asscreed game in the series that wasn't black flag: garbage for idiots

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Why they didn't mention this I have no idea.

Because either its trivial to the point of who cares or #gamergate twitter bomb fear

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

black flag fukking owned

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

AC3 will always be the worst because they took about the ability to throat stab random peeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

effervescible posted:

Counterpoint: it let us pet dogs :3:

rather stab them

I was only allowed to shoot them which wasn't as satisfying

• Locked thread